Not bouncing back

chriswilliams
on 8/11/11 6:27 am - Oskaloosa, IA
I am 2 weeks and 2 days post op from my gastric bypass being redone due to scar tissue.  I just don't feel like I am bouncing back quickly.  I do just a couple of things and I am exhaused.  Am I being too hard on myself, or is this normal.  I honestly can not remember from the first surgery.
(deactivated member)
on 8/11/11 7:40 am - Santa Cruz, CA
Don't push yourself;  modern anesthetics can do a real number on us.

Get your liquids, walk if you can, and definitely, "Nap as Needed"!

Good luck!
vitalady
on 8/11/11 9:58 am - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
Describe your water protein (how much what with how much what?) and vites regimen.

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

Grider
on 8/11/11 10:36 am - Clearwater, FL
I was out of it 3 days after just a colonoscopy... the anesthesia, and just trauma to the body... 1 week min
chriswilliams
on 8/11/11 10:45 am - Oskaloosa, IA
I know I need to up my water intake.  My doctor has patients take a prenatal daily and I have been doing that.  It just seems like I am a little short of breath after doing very little activity, go back to doctor on Monday so I guess I will see what he has to say.  I have been drinking a protien shake in the am and eating cottage cheese and yogurt.  I'm sure I could kick up my protien a little bit.
Elizabeth N.
on 8/11/11 12:14 pm - Burlington County, NJ
Prenatal vites are totally inadequate. Please get on a real full spectrum multi.

chriswilliams
on 8/11/11 12:29 pm - Oskaloosa, IA
What do you recomend for a vitamin?
Elizabeth N.
on 8/11/11 12:40 pm - Burlington County, NJ
Same as Vitalady recommends: Plain old Centrum or generic equivalent in double the recommended daily adult dose. Adjust everything else according to your lab results with individual supplements.

Look at the prenatal label and a Centrum label. See how many things are missing?

Elizabeth N.
on 8/11/11 12:13 pm - Burlington County, NJ
You're being too hard on yourself.

Duck_Girl
on 8/12/11 7:19 am
I agree your vitamins are inadequate. I take Bariatric vitamins, Vitamin C, and B12. I found between 2-3 weeks out I had the same problem as you and it turned out I needed more B12 now im fine after a week of upping sublingual B12.

Most Active