Inspiring Success Stories...or Tips for WL

Wannabhealthy barbie
on 8/14/11 2:21 am
I am looking for something inspiring or something to help me get my head back in the game and my butt off the couch. I am intimidated at the gym and REALLY want to make it my hobby, like the one thing I do for me. So I was wondering if anyone has some words of encouragement or tips for getting back into the fitness routine. Now that I can eat again that will be much easier!

Thanks!

Emily F.
on 8/14/11 2:29 am
I would say start w a goal or program. Like couch to 5 K or personal trainer. Get some walking buddies, whatever you can do to make it more likely you will stick with it for a little while.
WeighingIn
on 8/14/11 2:13 pm - Simi Valley, CA
Your inspiration, in the end, has to be this: If you don't do it, you will gain weight.

It'll happen.

Heck, it might happen, anyway, to some extent, even in spite of your efforts, if they're not enough.

But, if you don't do it, you'll definitely gain/regain weight.
MyLady Heidi
on 8/14/11 8:04 pm
Hmmm is that so?  Nope it isn't.  I walk thats it, thats all I have ever done and never been further from my goal then maybe 10-15lbs and I said from MY goal not my surgeons which was 40lbs heavier then mine.  I am right back around 140 currently and haven't exercised once to make it happen.  You can stay at goal by diet alone, exercise is great, healthy and good for you but its not the ******g end all be all of wls success.  Never believe the hype, you do this for yourself, the motivation is you want to wear that size X more then you want to eat or do anything else.  No one can motivate you but yourself.

Oh yeah and I am 6+ years out of rny 5'5 and 140 wearing 4-6.
Lisarn1
on 8/14/11 8:53 pm - Raleigh, NC
Well said. I believe in execise. Hell, I'm a gym rat from well before any thought of WLS took seed in my tiny mind. However, if you find any form of movement that you enjoy, then you'll get the most benefit from it. While "pumping iron" is thought by many to be necessary, I feel that, for some, simply walking 30-60 minutes daily or choosing stairs instead of the elevater can work just as well. It's the combination of the food plan and some form of activity that is important to help the WLS tool work. I also believe that the level of anxiety over losing weight plays a big role in how our body responds.

RNY 10/19/09 - Revision to VSG 10/13/14 - Dr Paul Enochs 

Just Ducky - The
Meditative Hag

on 8/15/11 7:29 am - Belleville, IL
As others have said, you need to find an exercise that YOU love and enjoy (Pool maybe?) There is no law saying you have to lift weights...I like doing it, and it is my favorite exercise (where as I hate cardio...LOL)

But someone else may love walking, swimming or playing with their dog, etc.

If you do want to lift weight,s there is no reason to be intimidated. I began lifting before surgery and i was a fat lump! hahaha! All those muscle and defined gals and guys and then there was me...the walrus. (Koo koo ca chooo!)

Now I love lifting weights and have some very impressive "guns"!!!!! But that is me. find what you likE to do andthen do it. However IF you are into bodybuilding (like me)....Bodybuilding.com is a great place to start for motivation and tO get a goood exercise program for yourself.

i wish you luck!
Warmly,
Jackie

Most Active