Questions about Plastic Surgery

mrschriscross
on 8/14/11 8:43 am, edited 8/14/11 8:53 am - Oswego, NY
I was told that Plastic Surgery isn't usually discussed until at least 18 months after WLS. I know that is because you can still lose weight and therefore may need additional plastic surgeries after.  I was just curious if anyone had PS before 18 months post op? I am going to try and get my insurance to cover a tummy tuck as my waist is getting smaller but my lower stomach is hanging to much that I can't get a smaller size. Also the upper stomach (what are the terms for these) is hanging as well. I have severe middle back pain and am wondering if it is not from this skin and remaining fat hanging. I have 2 months before I am a year out and have lost a total of 102lbs. I have 40lbs to go until my goal and 60lbs to my surgeons goal. I want to start taking the necessary steps now in hopes of speeding up my process when and if it comes time for me to have plastic surgery.
Feel Free to Add Me on FACEBOOK just search for my name Angela Cross or [email protected]  Also if you could put you are from OH in the request it would help. Thanks :)

HW / SW / CW / GW
320 / 305 / 213 / 185   Updated 3-27-11

(deactivated member)
on 8/14/11 9:13 am - Califreakinfornia , CA
You should also post this to the PS forums if you haven't already. As for your question. I don't think I know anybody that has had it less then a year out, but that's not to say that it hasn't been done. Now ins may not cover it if you are not 18 months out but I really don't know the answer to that either.

Sorry I guess I'm no help at all, but good luck.

(deactivated member)
on 8/14/11 9:17 am
Wearing support garments of some type will help with the pain of the hanging belly. You still have quite a significant amount of weight to lose. It would be such a waste to get that tummy tuck now only to need a revision or have any more hanging skin after you lose more weight.

But then again if you have $ to burn, that's your decision.
mrschriscross
on 8/14/11 9:23 am - Oswego, NY
No I agree, I still have at least 40lbs more to lose. I am just starting to gather facts and information now. So that way maybe when 18 months get here if I am at a plateau for a while I can get the ball rolling then. I have been hodling off on the whole support garment thing but it's looking like it might be time to get some.  I just hate not being able to feel the waist band of my pants lol. I will have to see what different kinds of support garments are out there :)
Feel Free to Add Me on FACEBOOK just search for my name Angela Cross or [email protected]  Also if you could put you are from OH in the request it would help. Thanks :)

HW / SW / CW / GW

(deactivated member)
on 8/14/11 9:30 am
Alot of people like the tanks from Spanx, and Walmart has a less expensive version called Flexees. ALso check in on the PS forum.
mrschriscross
on 8/14/11 9:33 am - Oswego, NY
I'm looking online at spanx at lanebryant right now :) Will check out walmarts version too.

I clicked over on the plastic surgery forum under forums and it just brought me to a page about plastic surgery, not the forum is there another way to get to it?

HW / SW / CW / GW

(deactivated member)
on 8/14/11 10:06 am
Not sure if there's an Avenue near your or not, but they carry the Flexees.

Once you're on the PS page beneath the welcome banner is a blue tool bar, click on the words 'message board'
mrschriscross
on 8/14/11 11:02 am - Oswego, NY
"Once you're on the PS page beneath the welcome banner is a blue tool bar, click on the words 'message board"

Duh I see it lol.. I was looking for the word Forums .. I think I better go to bed

HW / SW / CW / GW

Rachel P.
on 8/14/11 10:15 am
Hi! sometimes PS can be covered by ins if you have back pain, rashes etc. Document every little red mark that might occur under there, if there is that much skin-here's something else-if you are /were chesty-keep an eye out under the girls and some women get lots of yeast infections because of excess skin trapping moisture and they can do a mons lift. I haven't had but one rash but everyone says take pictures & make sure Dr knows about it! Keep up the great weight loss!
mrschriscross
on 8/14/11 11:00 am - Oswego, NY
Hmm I wonder if (TMI) ingrown hairs along the pubic bone line can be caused from the skin folding and hanging, not sure if i explained that right. It gets a lttle red and itchy. Yeah I am chesty but they have always been kinda floppy lol. I will have to look up yeast infections under breasts and keep an eye out for any symptoms.

Thanks for the advice :) and the compliment!

HW / SW / CW / GW

Most Active