Cacique or Victoria's Secret?

glorydayz55
on 8/21/11 7:59 am - Stockton, CA
Hi Elizabeth.  thankx for the info. will wait until i lose another 35 lbs., that way it will be 50 lbs lost and it will be even better prize for me to give myself. i'll definitely will get fitted as it has been a very very VERY long time (when i first started wearing bras in 1965),
Glorydayz55                
(deactivated member)
on 8/21/11 1:13 am
I was dying to get to VS once I was able to fit into their sizes...I got great service with sizing and options but, none gave me the coverage along the side/armpit area that I am accustomed to and for less bra, I was not willing to pay more money.  I loved Cacique but have now (sadly) gotten too small for theirs...I've moved onto Kohls; Playtex #4732 is my fave!  Great coverage no overflow in the sides, usually on sale for under $20, slightly padded which I prefer for being descret on colder days...and it comes in black, white, nude, dusty rosey/mauvey/pinky colors and 2 different prints.  After all of that: Get your bras at Lane Bryant - I think you'll be happier in the long run and go to VS for fun sweats, T's and perfume.  You know, things that advertise - "I'm wearing VS and loving it!" Sounds materiailistic, but so be it!  Enjoy!! 
Elizabeth N.
on 8/21/11 5:19 am - Burlington County, NJ
I prefer Cacique, the back smoother padded underwire, to the similar VS model.

Fo' Shizzle My Sizzle
on 8/21/11 5:28 am
I tried both recenly when I went bra shopping. Here's my take on it:

VS: pretty, very sexy looking but not well made and not as comfortable as Cachique

Cachiqe: very comforable and well made, holds the ladies up just fine! Only, they don't look as hawt as VS, but it's not like Cachique is styled like your great, great, grandmothers undies either. They're acually cute but not flashy.

In the end I picked Cachique, they both held up the ladies to where they needed to be, but Cachiqe was more comfy. While it wasn't as sexseh looking it was still cute enough.
For great WLS info join me here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com and here www.dsfacts.com

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 8/21/11 3:05 pm
Do you want a GOOD bra, or a CUTE bra?

VS has some cute sexy and stuff, but not especially well made, or supportive. I buy a few things to wear around my sweety from VS, but if you can still fit into Lane Bryants sizes, SAVE YOUR TITS by wearing Cacique!

Cute bras are one thing, but for every day wearing, I think it's really important to have support. If you've lost a lot of weight, you need them brought back up and side boob dealt with, so Cicique does that better.

Even more important, if you lost weight, then had the plastics already to fix the titties, fergawdsakes protect them from gravity, and wear the most supportive bra you can get to protect their new perfection!  VS bras are often lacking in real support.

I like pink and polka dots and ruffles and all of that stuff as much as the next girl, but I like preserving my tits even more, and WISH I could still fit into Lane Bryant bras. They were superior for real support.

chrisgraves
on 8/21/11 9:46 pm - MA

It's all about fit.  Go to both places and try 'em all on.  Knowing you can fit into both is great and it will be your choice to choose the ones that work for you best.  It might be a couple from each store.  I think the best part of shoping is finging those items that make you feel & look fabulous, if it's well made and fits your body does it really matter what the name on the label is.

I love to look at the pretty bra's at VS but I'd rather have a fabulous fitted bra under a gourgous top. It's all about structure, for me personally the VS don't give me the lines that I need at this point. 

Good luck and have fun with your shopping.

5'6.5"  HW: 310 / SW:279.6  /GW:150               
(deactivated member)
on 8/21/11 10:37 pm
To me the Cacique bras are a splurge for something cute.  When I'm looking for a good everyday bra I go to a local lingerie store that specializes in fittings, and has seamstresses in house to modify bras.  The owner is a stickler on finding the best bra for your shape and encourages you to come in and have your bra modified if your weight fluctuates more than 10 lbs.

I will say the last bra I got from there was a Chantelle (from France) and a year later looks like new. Granted I paid $80 for it.

www.tinascloset.com
Most Active