Cacique or Victoria's Secret?

subacloud
on 8/20/11 3:24 pm
I need new bras.  I'm still at a size where I can go into Lane Bryant and buy Cacique bras, which I have always liked.  I think I'm at a size where I can go into Victoria's Secret (which I have never done) and buy bras.

I want to venture into the new, but I like the call of the familiar.  Which do you prefer?  I would love to go to VS and get measured, etc.  I had bilateral mastectomies, with reconstruction, 10 years ago, so I have that issue to work with also.

I would sure love to hear input! 

Subacloud               408/318/208/135   (HW/SW/CW/GW)

Speak and do not keep silent.   

HeatherL39
on 8/20/11 7:45 pm - MI
I have to say I am looking forward to going to VS myself. But I love the Cacique bras. You just can't beat them for the support and coverage they give you. But VS looks like so much fun
Jamie Z.
on 8/20/11 8:29 pm - MI
Vs can be great but their in store selection of larger sizes is limited (38D is a good selection any larger best online).. Also they can be catty. I had to go to a diff store to get good service. The one was measuring me a 44B (i was a 42D before surg) I go to the other store..& get 38D which was perfect.

BuckeyeGirl
on 8/20/11 9:49 pm - TN
I think I only ever had one Cacique bra, but it was a good one. I have had lots of VS bras and I always love them...well, most of them. I've gotten a couple of cheap ones from their sale and those suck, but the regular ones have been great and hold up really well.

I've never had a problem with the staff in any of the many VS stores I've been in although I've heard this from other people here and there. That sort of thing is going to vary by store to store in such a retail environment and even from day to day depending on which associate is working.

Anyway, if it were me, I'd go have a VS fitting and try one on and see what you think! I love shopping in stores I felt excluded from previously. Yesterday my boyfriend took me on a birthday shopping trip and I got to shop in the upstairs of Macy's (rather than the plus size basement next to the home goods, lol), Banana Republic, White House Black Market, NY and Co., etc...it was a blast!

See what VS can offer and then pick whichever you like best. Don't you just love a great bra?

Lindsey

USAF Wife
on 8/20/11 10:22 pm
I received a gift card to VS, and was super stoked. However, I went in to get fitted/measured. After trying on 18, YES 18 bras in various styles, and a couple of different styles since they all fit differently, I walked out with body spray and lotion. I was pretty damn devastated.

I was so looking forward to finally being able to wear the elusive VS bra. But, it's just not in my cards. Plus, I look at the price and I almost fell over. For something that just holds ups the boobs, and no one else sees, I decided to just smell pretty and have super soft skin.

I miss wearing LB bras, and have found that Bali, MaidenForm, Izod bras have been my saving grace. Grant it, I just have skin bags left so it's not like I have great boobs to begin with in the bra department.
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

Kathleen W.
on 8/20/11 11:28 pm - Lancaster, PA
Go for VS.  Life is to short to settle for familar all the time.  You've worked really hard to get where you are. Who knows?  VS might convert you to their side.

SW 327
GW 150
CW 126

cheyenne000
on 8/20/11 11:41 pm
VSG on 03/25/16
I have never tried Cacique but I just bought 2 more from VS. I love them,  they have great coverage . I am a 38DD and find the lightly lined,  full coverage have been very comfortable and look great.

Lapband - Jan 2009 weight goal reached with lapband. Revised to VSG- 1/25/16

mkbeany
on 8/21/11 12:10 am
I will jump in here just because I just went to VS because I am now in that size range.
But alas...after trying many models (bras, not girls )...none would work because I have too much side boob and flab in that area. The side pieces on Cacique are bigger and better.

I think it depepnds on your build.

Although...I will add that I am now addicted to the Bali #3383.
Got them in all colors cuz I love them.
Make the boobies look small and high...just what I want!

"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. " -- Anais Nin

Revised from Band to Bypass 10/26/09
High Wt 355/ Surgery Wt 343 (BMI 61) / Current Wt 190 on 3/17/12

TT/Fleur De Lis 8/22/11
Mastopexy and Brachioplasty 12/14/11
glorydayz55
on 8/21/11 4:09 am - Stockton, CA
I need to get new bras, but i'm not sure if VS has my size. i mean,  i'm sure taht they do, its that i would be devastated if they don't.  i'm looking at buying Bali Bras, and know i need to be fitted so taht i get the right size. i usually buy my bras at Target, but, i have 2 bras taht are 44D and 2 that are 38C- go figure. and i bought them the same day, within minutes. so---- JC Penny here i come. of course i could always wait until i lose another 10 lbs and it would be 40 lbs lost. here's hoping.
Glorydayz55                
Elizabeth N.
on 8/21/11 5:21 am - Burlington County, NJ
You're probably right at the edge of finding stuff at VS. Wait a little while longer and you'll be more likely to find something.

DEFINITELY get a proper bra fitting no matter which brand you go with. Chances are you need both different sizes and different styles.

I was really shocked when I needed to go to a sculpted/padded underwire. Those suckers always made me look like I was a walking set of honkers before!

Most Active