How much did you eat during the pureed foods stage?

Adrienne J.
on 8/22/11 9:19 pm - GA
(I tried putting this in the VSG forum and nobody would answer, maybe someone can answer on here:(

Hi Everyone! Im about to move to pureed foods tomorrow. (Im excited! lol)

Now that Im introducing food back into my system I know its time to start planning things and keeping up with how much I intake, etc.

I was wondering how much you guys ate when you were on this stage? I dont mean at one time, but throughout the day? I know Ill only be able to hold about 2 Tbs. at first, so do I count those as an entire meal? For example: 2Tbs of yogurt for breakfast, 2 Tbs. of refried beans for lunch, etc. Do I have any as snacks?

I hope this doesnt sound stupid..but I just want to be sure I dont go overboard and graze, if that makes sense.

Thanks for any suggestions and tips!
Mary Catherine
on 8/22/11 9:34 pm
 I did six small meals a day.  Three meals and three snacks all about two tablespoons.
Adrienne J.
on 8/22/11 9:50 pm - GA
Thank you so much for answering this! :)
MacMadame
on 8/23/11 3:49 am - Northern, CA
I started with one "meal" of soft food and then, when I could tolerate it, 2 and eventually 3 or 4. The soft food is really just practice eating. You don't get a lot of calories or nutrition from it at this stage so you still need to drink a lot of your calories. I mention this because that surprised me. I think I was expecting that I'd start eating again and that would be it for protein shakes.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

KellyJTn
on 8/23/11 5:46 am - Oak Ridge, TN
I had a couple of bites every 2 hours during that stage. I still eat something aboute every 2 hours, I'm just lucky it's more than a couple of bites!

~Kelly ~   
SW 364/CW 164/GW 150             

Most Active