Pre-Op Nesting?!?!

jenblove
on 8/29/11 1:27 pm - NC
Has anyone else felt like they were "nesting' (as pregnant women do) before their surgery? 

I've found myself cleaning like a mad woman the last couple of weekends, vacuuming blinds, cleaning baseboards...this is VERY unusual for me I hate to admit...

I think I must be getting ready for the NEW me...getting my house in order, literally and figuratively...

AnneGG
on 8/29/11 1:50 pm
Sounds like a plan! Besides, you're not going to be up to cleaning for awhile after surgery.

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

Gina1013
on 8/29/11 5:16 pm - Canton, OH
 YES!!! I have found myself doing the same thing lately. I just emptied and scrubbed my refrigerator yesterday and have been on a cleaning spree for the past two weeks or so. 

Weight at consult 7/14/11:  413

dixieprincess
on 8/30/11 12:45 am - Hyannis, MA
 Oh my go****hought it was just me!  I've been bouncing all over the place trying to get everything in order for the big day.  I've deep cleaned every single inch of the house and when I didn't have anything left to clean, I started redecorating!  I thought for a minute I was losing my mind!   

Sharvanne
on 8/30/11 7:04 am - Canada
 A week before my surgery, I spent an entire day rearranging my small apartment kitchen. Then several more days on closets, the sewing room etc etc.

I think it's good to direct your nervous energy towards something constructive.
Highest Weight - 372 (May 2010)
Surgery Weight - 332.6 (March 4, 2011)
Current Weight - 212.9
Goal Weight - 175
Most Active