OMG - syrup again!

jocelyn
on 8/30/11 3:23 am - Northwest, IN
I am so excited to say I found the BEST SF syrup after 8.5 years!!  I don't eat items very often that need syrup and when I have I hate most SF syrups because they are like bad maple water.  I do like the Smuckers SF (or maybe it's NSA, can't remember) syrup but I enjoyed the special flavored syrups I could eat before RNY in '02.
The other day while out shopping in one of those kitchen gadget stores, I was browsing through their syrup flavors for old-times sake and found one labeled Maple Praline and it was SUGAR FREE!!  I tryed it this morning and am in love.  It was thick and so good! I made home-made waffles for breakfast because I'm on vacation this week and OMG I want to shout.  OK so I could only eat half my waffle but if my tummy could hold more I'd so pig out on this!!
I looked on their site BlackberryPatch.com and they have several SF syrup flavors.  I haven't tried the others but I'd be willing to trust them based on what the one tasted like.  This isn't an everyday thing I'd eat but it is good for a special treat or occasion.  The Maple Praline was sweetened with Maltitol.  They are so worth the price!
H.A.L.A B.
on 8/30/11 4:02 am
Maltitol
Yea... that stuff is one of SA (sugar alcohols). Some people are fine with them (SA) others - not so much. A lot of people get horrible gas from SA.  Some dump. (I do). so.. word of caution - watch how your body reacts to that. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active