OT: I'm conservative, old and a Christian, BUT I don't understand

neweyeswideopen
on 9/2/11 12:21 am - Cedar Rapids, IA
Why?? Cause that lady that has the issue..she's a Biggot.

Thank you for understanding there is nothing wrong about this. I'm not a fan of DWTS..but Go Chaz!!!!
"To dream, I must imagine pure joy, belive I can achieve perfection, and take pride in a life changing journey" - ME

PlanetJanet
on 9/2/11 12:27 am
I'm christian, and pretty conservative in many of my views... but I really don't understand what the problem would be with Chaz dancing.   People get very weird and comfortable with gender "issues" it seems, and I don't quite understand these hang-ups.  If someone doesn't fit into a neat and tidy box for their expected (?) gender, then some people just get very upset.

Let him dance!  He is a beautiful person, and I think has a lot of positive values that would be good for children to be exposed to.  

I'm proud of him for all he has been through in this very public journey.  I can't imagine - Chaz is an extraordinary person.
M M
on 9/2/11 12:48 am
 It's idiocy.

The ignorance of the parents pushing the "it's going to hurt my child" agenda probably hurts the children MORE than the fact that this man was a woman at some point. 

And, WHY are little kids watching DWTS?  It's sexual!
AnneGG
on 9/2/11 12:52 am
Given the modern world, there is no way children are not going to be exposed to every different point of view and persuasion, no matter how hard parents try to control their environment. It is such a rapidly changing world, like it or not, and the world our children will have to deal with will be different than their parents.

I, for one, think exposure combined with good "uncomfortable" conversation with parents is a good thing, because then children will be able to make their own hopefully informed choices as adults for how they want to live their lives.

In my psychotherapy practice I have worked for many years with families, and with children and adolescents individually. The children who have been controlled often have a hard time with figuring out how to do life because they don't know the options and don't know how to make decisions for themselves. They only know how to agree or rebel, not think for themselves, often with very painful consequences.

DWTS has such sexy costumes and dancing- that doesn't influence children and other people?

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

So Blessed!
on 9/2/11 6:24 am

It could be a raunchy show.  I don't know.  I never watched it. 

Now, because of these bigoted people trying to force the network not to air it, I will.

Jackie
Multiplepetmom

on 9/2/11 10:46 am
On September 2, 2011 at 1:24 PM Pacific Time, So Blessed! wrote:

It could be a raunchy show.  I don't know.  I never watched it. 

Now, because of these bigoted people trying to force the network not to air it, I will.

haha!  I have never seen the show but I will watch it now if it is on a channel I get. what network?

once upon a time I had a group to talk about Binge Eating Disorder, and later one about Clean Eating.

PM me if you are interested in either of these.

size 8, life is great

laurak712
on 9/4/11 4:46 am - New Braunfels, TX
ABC, Jackie.

Laura

Height 5' 7

Jackie
Multiplepetmom

on 9/4/11 4:49 am
 thanks, Laura, I actually get ABC in my living room.  in my bedroom I get NET, the Nebraska version of PBS.  that's all I get, but there is always the internet.

so I can watch DWTS, is that what we call it?  

once upon a time I had a group to talk about Binge Eating Disorder, and later one about Clean Eating.

PM me if you are interested in either of these.

size 8, life is great

laurak712
on 9/4/11 4:55 am - New Braunfels, TX
Yes DWTS and it's on Monday nights and then the results show is usually the next night.  So it's actually on twice a week!  And it's starting soon... Sept 19th!  It's a fun show to watch.  I've seen every season.

Height 5' 7

k9ophile
on 9/2/11 1:02 am
Well, if the kids sit too close to the TV, the radio waves could leap of the screen and infect innocent children.  Didn't we get a whole lot of clones from this before?  Or has cable cured this insidious problem? As much as I kissed the TV screen when Ricky Nelson sang at the end of his parent's show, surely something happened to me.  Well, I do have a preference for older music...Hello Mary Lou, Good-bye Heart!  

(How's that for old?)

"Our ultimate freedom is the right and power to decide how anybody or anything outside ourselves will affect us."  Stephen Covey

Don't litter!  Spay or neuter your pet

Most Active