OT: I'm conservative, old and a Christian, BUT I don't understand

So Blessed!
on 9/1/11 11:24 pm

how Chaz Bono dancing on a TV show is going to damage somebody's child.  

I was watching a news segment this morning and some lady was on there talking about how confusing it would be to her child to see Chaz on DWTS.  She claimed that it would force her to have an "uncomfortable" conversation and that the producers of the show are pushing a LBGT agenda. 

Now wait a minute.  

- Chaz is 40-something years old and no living child today would even remember that he was born a girl.  The only way they would know is if somebody told them.  In that case, the conversation has already started and can't be undone.

- Ummm....he would not be having kinky sex on the show.  He would be dancing.  That's all.  Dancing.

- The dance partner has no problem with it.

Your thoughts? 

Christine X.
on 9/1/11 11:42 pm - TX
Well I'm a conservative liberal or a liberal conservative, whatever, older and not a Christian and I wonder often how someone else's sexual preference, sexual idenity, or lack there of could effect mine in any way, shape or form.

I am a heterosexual woman, married, with one child, and  a religious belief - all of which have nothing to do with the choices others make for themselves. My daughter is heterosexual, Christian, married with children of her own and was raised exposed to multiple religious faiths, gay and lesbian individuals, never married people and people with no children. Their choices did not change who she was or is today, sexually. They may have influenced her decisions regarding politics or religion, but who she was born to be sexually is just that, who she was born to be.
Christine  "Life is like a jar of jalapenos.  What you
do today, might burn your ass tomorrow".
Check out www.dsfacts.com for information on Duodenal Switch

luanne711
on 9/4/11 9:16 am - Bradford, PA
OMG!!  can we please have some LIKE buttons  :-)

The whole anti-GLBT thing is so unwarranted.  They are who they are and many have been very best friends of mine.  Free spirited liberal dem /or liberal rep, someplace in between  :-)   But def leaning Lib Dem on this one  :)
Luanne

I started WL journey on Jan 14, 2009 starting weight @ 342 

Surgery date was July 22, 2009 and started @ 310 and and my goal weight
is 150.00.                   
Winnie_the_Pooh
on 9/1/11 11:49 pm, edited 9/1/11 11:51 pm
As another old conservative Christion I agree with you completely. 

Chaz is a man.  He will be dressed like a man.  He will be dancing with a woman. What is uncomfortable about that.

If the sex change is discussed on tv then have the convo.  Once a child is in school these issues come up. You are far better off talking to your children about topics in a calm rational manner then letting someone else do it for you ,  and they will.

My kids (both teens now) were taught early is school about how everyone is different including the LGBT community.  They were taught tolerance and "different" does not equal bad. 

Winnie

So Blessed!
on 9/2/11 12:48 am

When these children grow up they are going to find themselves in situations where they will be working and interacting with all kinds of people.  IMO their parents are doing them a real disservice if they don't teach them how to get along with people who are not like them.
MyLady Heidi
on 9/1/11 11:55 pm
Let Chaz dance!!!
So Blessed!
on 9/2/11 6:22 am

dani02
on 9/2/11 12:07 am - Utica, MI

Like many of us Chaz did something that some people are afraid of and
confused by.
We only have to face the people that supposedly love us, he has to face
the world.
His life is just that, his life.
I am in awe of the strength and courage that it took him to come to that
 hard decision.
Just like I am in awe of the strength and courage of the men and women
on this site who said NO! I WILL NOT LIVE MY LIFE LIKE THIS ANYMORE!

We all took risks when we choose to have our surgeries, we lost the support
of our friends and families. Some of us lost jobs before we had surgery,
due to our weight. I am not a hypocrite. I would and will support  people
 and their choices for their lives. Especially one that is as complicated of a
process as gender reassignment.

I for one will be watching Dancing with the Stars for the first time and I know
who I will be cheering on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dani

So Blessed!
on 9/2/11 12:18 am

"I for one will be watching Dancing with the Stars for the first time and I know
who I will be cheering on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Same here.  I have never watched that show before, but I will turn it on to watch Chaz dance.  Everybody deserves a chance.

Cynthia L.
on 9/3/11 10:16 am - Clarence, NY
I've never watched it before either, but I will for him.  WTG, dude!

-Cyn

chrissie_hynde_kitty_std-2-1.jpg picture by Queen-of-the-castleBad boys get spanked. - Chrissie Hynde Lifeposter-1.jpg picture by Queen-of-the-castle

Most Active