Exercise suggestions

MARTINA P.
on 9/3/11 7:02 am - ROCKMART, GA
 I am getting ready to start a gym membership and was wondering what I should do at the Gym to get the best results.  OK I do not have any medical problems with legs, knees, or back.  I believe my main problem areas is my arms and legs because that is where I have access skin the worst.  I also want to tone up my entire body.  Please give me some suggestions because I am finally to a point where I can focus on doing better and working out.  Thanks in advance for all of your suggestions.
MARTINA
Rockmart Georgia                        
HW: 315 CW: 117 GW:  First goal 150 met 3/23/2012, Second goal 135

Emily F.
on 9/3/11 9:47 am
Depends on what shape you are in now. You may just try walking for 30 min on the treadmill and upping your speed from 3.0 to 4.0 and 4.5 if you can. A couple days a week do the elliptical for 30-60 min, you will probably have to work your way up on that one bc it works muscles you probably haven't used in a while.

I like taking the classes for toning instead of doing the machines by myself. They are more fun to me. I take zumba and zumba toning w abs. I do do the ab machines though.

MARTINA P.
on 9/3/11 11:02 am - ROCKMART, GA
 Thanks Emily I use to workout a lot when I was 315 but strange part is that I gained weight and it was not muscle I will try this and I love the elliptiptcal.
MARTINA
Rockmart Georgia                        
HW: 315 CW: 117 GW:  First goal 150 met 3/23/2012, Second goal 135

Nessy2976
on 9/3/11 11:14 am - MD
 I am almost 3 weeks out and I walk.  I forget when I can start exercising?
 "Patience is bitter, but the fruit can be sweet."                            
Janice B.
on 9/3/11 5:37 pm - Misawa-chi, Japan

Hopefully, your gym membership includes help from a trainer.  Tell them what you have done weight loss wise and what your goals are for working out and they can guide you.  I was surprised to find out that I didn't have to get my pulse as high as I thought in order to burn fat, so really appreciated the trainer.

Some of your workout, though, will depend on you.  If you are social, classes are great.  If you like to meditate or be alone while you work out, the treadmill and whatnot might be best.  Or, best yet for your body, mix it up.

Happy sweating!
Janice

Life is too short to eat vanilla ice cream and dance with boring men.

HW: 305/SW: 289/CW: 129

Most Active