What does it FEEL like when your blood sugars are high?

(deactivated member)
on 9/5/11 2:08 pm - MN
DS on 03/13/12
Katmom if you makes you feel better go back in and get rechecked for your glucose tolerance. Some symptoms of a high blood sugar are, thirst, hunger, needing to use the bathroom more, headaches, having a hard time breathing when you are doing nothing, if your breath smells like acetone, or really sweet and you havent eatten anything sweet that can mean you have ketones. You can pick up ketosticks from any pharm over the counter they run about 15 bucks for a bottle of them. If you have keytones I would recommend calling your doc and asking them what they would want you to do next.

While diabetes of any form is very serious the best thing you can do is keep in contact with your medical team and do your best to take care of yourself. And remember if you do end up testing positive for gestational d or t2 d, as long as you check yourself and take what ever treatment your doctor dems appropriate you will be fine. :D
beth-28
on 9/5/11 2:38 pm
I'm a type 2 diabetic, and the one time my blood suger spiked into the 600's was when I had the flu (very hard to control BS when you are sick). I had to get insulin that time. I had NO symptoms other than blurry vision.

Low BS is easy to tell, High BS...not so easy without a monitor.
When push comes to shove....shove hard!

Never regret anything, because at one time it was exactly what you wanted.

Most Active