tongue is weird

twellington1
on 9/9/11 2:56 am - NH

Does anyone else have a weird feeling tongue?  It is like no matter how much I bru**** I can not get it clean?  I am not sure what to do about it.  Is it because I am not eating yet and only on liquids?  Is there a solution to this?  Am I just a wierdo? 

AnneGG
on 9/9/11 3:24 am
I don't know what the cause of the furry tongue is, but from posts here, it seems to be very common post-op. I know I had it, plus the bad taste in my mouth from ketosis. I've also had it after other surgeries, so maybe anesthesia has something to do with it.

At any rate, it will go away.

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

ModestoK
on 9/9/11 3:56 am
Is it white and fuzzy? Does it feel like a dried up sea sponge?
If so, you probably have THRUSH. If it is Thrush, you will need to call your doctor or surgeon for antibiotics.

KathyA999
on 9/9/11 9:27 am
Some protein powders and RTD did that to me during my liquid stage.  Isopure RTD was the worst.

Height 5' 7"   High Wt 268 / Consult Wt 246 / Surgery Wt 241 / Goal Wt 150 / Happy place 135-137 / Current Wt 143
Tracker starts at consult weight       

In maintenance since December 2011.

Jackie
Multiplepetmom

on 9/9/11 10:35 am
 thrush was the first thing I thought of - if so you need anti-fungal meds

once upon a time I had a group to talk about Binge Eating Disorder, and later one about Clean Eating.

PM me if you are interested in either of these.

size 8, life is great

beth-28
on 9/9/11 2:44 pm
Do you have a geographic tongue?
When push comes to shove....shove hard!

Never regret anything, because at one time it was exactly what you wanted.

(deactivated member)
on 9/10/11 3:53 am - Beverly, NJ
A fuzzy (normally white) tongue is a sign of thrush. I also find that if I'm not drinking enough my tongue/mouth is one of the first signs. It feels dry and icky. I would contact your doctor to rule thrush out.
twellington1
on 9/10/11 3:56 am - NH

Thanks Shrinking Mom,  I have my ten day on Monday and plan to tell him about it.  I have been gargling with sal****er and that helps a little. 

twellington1
on 9/10/11 3:57 am - NH
oopps vanishing mom....sorry

DianaRR
on 9/10/11 11:29 am - CA
My doctor told me a furry tongue was a sign of dehydration. When I told him I was for sure getting 64 oz every day, he said--drink more.
More water mad it go away.
Most Active