Off WLS Topic--Let's report inappropriate posts

DianaRR
on 9/15/11 2:12 am - CA
I just started coming to the main forum and there are wonderful people here and great information. It should be a great place for newbies and veterans to gather together.
There is a reputation for inappropriate posts here--some call it bullying, for example.
Let's all report inappropriate posts with the report button under the post. After you click it, you need to say what was inappropriate about it. If you can easily explain that, maybe you just don't get along with the poster and should block them or just ignore what they write.
So Blessed!
on 9/15/11 2:22 am

"Let's all report inappropriate posts with the report button under the post. After you click it, you need to say what was inappropriate about it. If you can easily explain that, maybe you just don't get along with the poster and should block them or just ignore what they write."

I do report spam when I see it.   Other stuff I try to read with an open mind.  

Sometimes it's foaming-at-the-mouth crazy. 
Sometimes it's entertaining. 

Even if I interpret it as mean spirited, it can't hurt me. 
DianaRR
on 9/15/11 2:55 am - CA
Spam sure is annoying. Luckily these forums seem pretty clean of spam.
What do you suppose that little emoticon is eating--peanuts? I think I'll have some.
So Blessed!
on 9/15/11 3:18 am

I think it's popcorn.
Nic M
on 9/15/11 11:00 am
I think they're stimulants.

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

AnneGG
on 9/15/11 2:28 am
The forum managers I am sure read every post- I hope they do. But maybe enough people reporting inappropriate posts....

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

DianaRR
on 9/15/11 2:48 am - CA
I really doubt the forum moderators read every post. I think that it is up to us to help them out when stuff is clearly wrong.
Of course, I don't mean we should report differences of opinion or just a curt reply.
M M
on 9/15/11 3:27 am
 They read what they can -- and likely tear their hair out at some of the idiocy.  Just sayin'.

Have you ever been a moderator?

It's not fun.
DianaRR
on 9/15/11 10:48 am - CA
Yes, I've been a moderator and it definitely is a lot of work. I hope they have more than one for this forum.
Sarahlicious
on 9/15/11 12:26 pm - Portsmouth, OH

More than 1 but for this and ALL the forums. Also while pointing out the REPORT button I would also highly recommend the BLOCK button.

I have Lipedema and Lymphedema. I also have a passion for Obesity and Health Insurance Advocacy

Blog: born2lbfat.com Facebook: Born2lbFat Twitter: @born2lbfat

Most Active