OT - Pat Robertson

So Blessed!
on 9/15/11 11:27 pm

He stopped taking his meds again...

http://www.latimes.com/news/pat-robertson-alzheimers-comment s-m,0,6650692.story?track=rss

paranoidmother21
on 9/15/11 11:34 pm - Lake Zurich, IL
Yeah - my take on that (after I snorted and rolled my eyes) was that the wife with Alzheimers should divorce HIM because if he's already out looking for someone else, HE is committing adultery under Robertson's standards.

Whatever happened to "in sickness and in health" in that idiot's mind... ooops, alleged mind.
Rebecca
Circumferential LBL, anchor TT, BL/BR, brachioplasty 12-16-10 Drs. Howard and Gutowski

Thigh lift 3-24-11, Drs. Howard and Gutowski again!
Height 5' 5".  Start point 254.  DH's goal: 154.  My guess: 144.  Insurance goal: 134.  Currently bouncing around 130-135.

So Blessed!
on 9/15/11 11:44 pm

You know, I struggle to understand the people that continue to send him money. 
Cynthia L.
on 9/15/11 11:53 pm - Clarence, NY

He's taking a page out of Newt Gingrich's playbook?

If I call him an asshole, is that being a bully?

/snort

-Cyn

chrissie_hynde_kitty_std-2-1.jpg picture by Queen-of-the-castleBad boys get spanked. - Chrissie Hynde Lifeposter-1.jpg picture by Queen-of-the-castle

So Blessed!
on 9/16/11 12:35 am

Pat is praying for you, Cyn...
Fran-I Am
on 9/16/11 12:38 am
Only if someone disagrees with you.

SW 1012/11 265#  CW 10/10 142#
(deactivated member)
on 9/16/11 12:45 am
I am not a Pat Robertson fan but Slate says this:

http://www.slate.com/id/2303989/?GT1=38001 

Sorry for some reason I can't post it as a hot link.

Slate gives the text of what was said and the synopsis is that Pat Robertson did NOT say to divorce the wife. He goes on to say that Pat Robertson has said some nutty things but this was not one of them.

Just a FYI on how the news can get away from the truth and into opinion.

Michele
So Blessed!
on 9/16/11 12:55 am

"That is a terribly hard thing. I hate Alzheimer's. It is one of the most awful things, because here's the loved one—this is the woman or man that you have loved for 20, 30, 40 years, and suddenly that person is gone. They're gone. They are gone. So what he says basically is correct, but—I know it sounds cruel, but if he's going to do something, he should divorce her and start all over again. But to make sure she has custodial care and somebody looking after her—"

That sounds to me like he's giving the guy a free pass to dump his wife.

(deactivated member)
on 9/16/11 1:48 am
Maybe, but the qualifier is "if" and he goes on to say that he would not know what to do or what to advise.

All I read from this is "IF" the guys is going to do something he should not stay married and then search out companionship.

Anyway we agree that PR is nuts.

Michele
Ms. Cal Culator
on 9/16/11 3:28 am - Tuvalu
On September 16, 2011 at 7:55 AM Pacific Time, So Blessed! wrote:

"That is a terribly hard thing. I hate Alzheimer's. It is one of the most awful things, because here's the loved one—this is the woman or man that you have loved for 20, 30, 40 years, and suddenly that person is gone. They're gone. They are gone. So what he says basically is correct, but—I know it sounds cruel, but if he's going to do something, he should divorce her and start all over again. But to make sure she has custodial care and somebody looking after her—"

That sounds to me like he's giving the guy a free pass to dump his wife.

You can't "dump" someone who has already left.  And the wife has left.  As long as he cares for her needs, he should feel free to continue living.
Most Active