Worry wart

PeaceInTheValley32
on 9/16/11 7:52 am - MA
Hey friends, I'm having quite a time deciding if I want to have the VSG, I see so many people complaining about excess skin, and face lifts and I'm wondering if it's even worth it.  Trading one depressing problem for another.  I wasn't able to get the RNY because my insides aren't in the right place. (large and small intestines and my appendix was shifted )  They told me they couldn't do the surgery but i'm a candidate for the VSG.  They removed my appendix and repaired a hernia and I was glad they found it butttttt somewhat relieved that I didn't have the surgery.  I have lost some weight and looking at my past I know I haven't been able to keep it off for very long and usually end up gaining more.  I feel like why can't I do the right thing without surgery?  Really having a tough time with this I don't want to be fat forever and don't want to do it and still be depressed!
Ms. Cal Culator
on 9/16/11 7:59 am - Tuvalu

If this is about how you look...I have nothing to add.  If it's about your health, hangy skin never killed anyone...morbid obesity kills people every day.
Gina1013
on 9/16/11 8:12 am - Canton, OH
 As long as my health and mobility improves, I don't care about hangy skin.

Weight at consult 7/14/11:  413

happiegirl
on 9/16/11 11:45 am - Albuquerque, NM
VSG on 04/24/12
This is super cute!
Emily F.
on 9/16/11 8:45 am
My size 8 ass w sagging skin looks WAAAAY better than my 24 self w tight stretched skin. Not to mention how amazingly healthy I am compared. I can run with my kids. Work, work out, do the house work and still have energy to play. Its amazing. I would not say my saggy skin is depressing. Its just me.
DianaRR
on 9/16/11 9:04 am - CA
Keep researching the surgeries--it sounds like you aren't really sure you want one.

sfmini
on 9/16/11 11:57 am
Yes, and I whine because the weight loss stopped at 87 pounds and I really need to lose more.
BUT.
I am no longer a diabetic.
I no longer have high blood pressure.
I am off most of my meds.
I am more mobile and active.
Took up kayaking, bike riding, walking in 5ks where I would have been stuck on the La Z Boy instead.
So, while I am not where I want to be, I am much healthier and happier and the hell with my saggy gut. I can deal with the yeast infections if I take a little care.

PeaceInTheValley32
on 10/2/11 12:51 am - MA
Thank you all soo very much and I appreciate all of the feedback.  I have saggy skin now and am unhealthy so the good outweighs the saggy skin!
Rhonda V Skinner
Elizabeth N.
on 10/2/11 4:44 am, edited 1/3/12 12:02 am - Burlington County, NJ

Most Active