question about calories burned

tammy12345
on 9/19/11 10:47 am, edited 9/19/11 10:48 am
Do you calculate the calories you burn at work into your exercise calories? I stand all day and am constantly moving.(i am a chef). I recently joined zumba and am wondering if I am getting my numbers rite. My epilepsy has been acting up as well as my sugar dropping. According to my fitness diary I burn around 900+ at work, but i never included that in my fitness diary. with zumba thats another 500 calories gone. I am taking in around 11-1200 a day but again never counted my work calories into my net calories.
AnneGG
on 9/19/11 1:12 pm
I would absolutely calculate your work calories as part of your exercise calories, especially with your active job. 900 calories are a lot of calories burned!

Sound like you might need to up your intake, and perhaps do small frequent meals to better manage your blood sugar. What does your doctor or your nutritionist say?

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

tammy12345
on 9/19/11 6:47 pm
my pcp (crazy) only wanted me on 1000 cal. a day. I see my rny doc on 9/29. Have to wait and see what he says. I eat 5-6 small meals a day. when this happened @zumba i came home and ate about 600 calories before I felt normal again.

Most Active