Calling all science gurus...question about weight gain

J_J
on 9/21/11 9:39 pm - Barrie, Canada
Hi all,

I'm not very good at science or biology (or math for that matter)...but I have a question about weight gain that hopefully some of you very smart people can help me with.  If you have to eat 3500 calories in order to gain 1 lb...how is it possible to gain 10 lbs in three days?  I mean I know that I over indulged...but there is no way I ate over 11,000 calories a day.

Maybe I have everything wrong?  I just don't know.  Just how exactly does weight gain work?

For those of you with the answers...please keep it as simple as possible..THANKS.
(deactivated member)
on 9/21/11 9:45 pm, edited 9/21/11 9:46 pm - Newnan, GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with

3500 calories OVER what you need to function and what you burned is what it takes to gain a pound.

Depending on what you ate, the most likely culprit was a higher sodium and/or carbohydrate influx, which creates water retention in some folks.

A side effect of the water weight gain is what many in medical circles refer to as "The Weenie Fingers."

:}

J_J
on 9/21/11 9:55 pm - Barrie, Canada
Carbs were definitely the culprit.  So it's mainly jus****er retention?  That's good to know. I'm back on track now...so hopefully it will come off as quickly as it went on.

Thanks for your insight
(deactivated member)
on 9/21/11 10:03 pm - Newnan, GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with
Yes, my friend!!  Carbs and sodium freak many a human out the next day or day after with LOWR (late onse****er retention, not as scientifically exact as The Weenie Fingers, but hey, you said to keep it lower shelf learning!   :}  )

You are welcome! 

Something to note though, if you are like me, carbs trigger bingeyness in me, so a trick/the trick, if you are like that, is to not keep on that trend! 

But you might not be like me at all, and hooray for you!  :}
J_J
on 9/21/11 10:07 pm - Barrie, Canada
Your post made me laugh!!

Yes I'm like you...a moment of weakness led to three days of overindulgence!  Oh if only there was a surgery to fix my f-ed up brain!!

Thanks again.
Most Active