The World's Fattest Woman on Dr Oz

cleach1972
on 9/22/11 6:10 am
Did anyone else see Dr. Oz today? The woman who is striving to be the world's fattest woman is on there today.
Watson
on 9/22/11 6:34 am
VSG on 06/08/10 with
I have not yet. I will in 30 mins.. Dr. Oz comes on at 4:00 p.m. by me and reruns at 3:00 p.m.. The show at 4:00 p.m. will air again at 3:00 p.m. tomorrow. I'll check it out. Thanks for reminding me about Dr. Oz.
cleach1972
on 9/22/11 6:43 am
So I finished watching the segment with Dr. Oz and I am in tears. Dr Oz read her the notes from her medical charts, he gave her the test results from test that he took and he offered her help and she declined. I'm not judging her because although I don't weigh 700+ lbs, I too am considered super super morbidly obese. The entire time Dr. Oz talked to her she kept a smile on her face that never reached her eyes. My surgery is scheduled for Dec. 5th and I know and understand that this is just a tool for me and Dr. Oz offered her FREE help and she declined...so sad
Kathleen W.
on 9/22/11 7:46 am - Lancaster, PA
This is so sad.  I feel really bad for the kids. I  believe that kids should be kept with the mother except in the cases of abuse.  This is abuse.  It's just as bad as sexual and/or physical.  Those kids  are the caregivers to her.  She is robbing them of their childhood.  She needs psychological help desperately.  It's just really, really sad.  It's also a sad commentary on our society that people  are enabling her to full-fill her destructive behavior.

SW 327
GW 150
CW 126

Rosebud_is_a_sled
on 9/22/11 8:56 am, edited 9/22/11 8:57 am

I am astounded that she was offered FREE help from someone who could get her top of the line help in every area.  For her to decline that help is insane. It is insulting, in fact.  I am especially astounded when I think of the folks who save and sacrifice to get the help they need.

One of the best things having wls has done for me is that it has made me able to do for others.  When I was almost 400 pounds, my retired husband had to do everything for me.  Laundry, food prep, cleaning our home, drving me everywhere, etc.  I could not walk 10 ft. without almost passing out.   Now, I am able to help my husband around our home, I can drive again, and I am not totally dependent on him to survive.  And, I am now able to do some volunteer work in our area.

To every person who posts here and is selfpay, my heart goes out to you.  YOU are the best example to others on how important it is to stop being selfish and start taking better care of ourselves so that we can give back to life.  (I had insurance, but I still ended up paying about $5,000 in co-pays over the year it took to qualify for my wls.)

I got my sleeve on March 14, 2011.  I love it so far!

Foxbins
on 9/22/11 9:39 am
I could have stayed fat and made money???  Whatever was I thinking, cutting out most of my stomach to be healthy...

That poor woman.  She kept saying she is healthy when clearly she is footsteps away from a coronary.
walter A.
on 9/22/11 10:03 am - lafayette, NJ
she is attempting to create a reality tv show,or publicity tour for herself, this was a paid appearence.  she is paying a HEFTY PRICE FOR HER FAME.
Watson
on 9/22/11 10:13 am
VSG on 06/08/10 with
I did watch Dr. Oz. I just wanted to cry. She needs help NOW. What Is she thinking? I just don't get it, why she is doing this to herself and why she does not want help to be healthy and live a normal life. She is in denial. Why in the world she wants to be the biggest person for? She is killing herself. I feel sorry for her two kids. Please God help this lady see the light that she gets the help she needs to get on the right path of a healthy life and loss the weight before it's to late. I hope Dr. Oz got through to her.
(deactivated member)
on 9/22/11 12:00 pm - San Jose, CA

This is all staged theater.  Really.  Oz is in on it, I'm certain.  And at some point, after they have dragged it out to the point of audience exhaustion with the stupidity of her "wanting" to be fat, she will have a change of heart, and then they can play THAT part of the story out for another several months or couple of years.  Ratings, baby!

I'd bet on it.

Rosebud_is_a_sled
on 9/23/11 8:09 am

You know, that makes sense. 

I got my sleeve on March 14, 2011.  I love it so far!

Most Active