Disolving meds

aliassweets
on 10/8/11 5:19 pm
Well Ive finally had my gastric bypass. Sore trouble sleeping.
  I take Lexapro20 for quite some time. Ive had to dissolve pill 2 nights now. I cant stand the taste seems like its upsetting my stomach also. Any advise anyone?

AnneGG
on 10/8/11 11:53 pm
Lexapro is small. Ask your doc if you can just swallow them.

Or mix the crushed pill in a small amount of jello and swallow it quick, with plain jello to follow.

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

poet_kelly
on 10/9/11 12:52 am - OH
It's a tiny pill.  Are you unable to just swallow it?  If not, all I can suggest is to try to put in it something with a very strong taste to try to cover up the taste of the med.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Kady
on 10/9/11 1:28 am - Lancaster County, PA
I agree, if it is okay with your doctor, swallow it.  My doctor said I could swallow any pill that is the size of a m&m or smaller...

aliassweets
on 10/9/11 7:56 am
Dr said I was to dissolve it.
poet_kelly
on 10/9/11 9:45 am - OH
The American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric says it's OK to swallow pills (as long as we tolerate that), so maybe you want to call your doc in the morning and ask why he disagrees with their advice about it.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

DebDeb70
on 10/9/11 9:33 am
 Yous hould be able to swallow it, its small.  I was on prozac capsules.  I had to open them and take it that way......That ended this week.  It was the worst taste ever.  I switch to a pill that I am able to swallow.

I would check with your doc again.

Most Active