Tomorrow is the first day of the rest of my life!

Leigh1966
on 10/8/11 11:23 pm - NY
Open gastric bypass surgery Monday morning at 8:30am.  I'm a little nervous, of course, but mostly excited.  I keep looking at the before & after photos on here & thinking, "I want THAT!"

It's going to be a long week, I know - I was with a friend of mine when she had her surgery - but the pain & discomfort are temporary.  I know this is going to be the best thing I ever do with my life!  Can't wait to get started on the new journey!
My motto going forward: Failure is not an option!
Leigh
AnneGG
on 10/8/11 11:48 pm
Good luck with your surgery! Happy first day of the rest of your life!

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

tamara55
on 10/9/11 12:53 am
 I am very excited for you! It's a gift so use it wisely and enjoy all the good things to come. I will be thinking about you. :-)
poet_kelly
on 10/9/11 12:59 am - OH
That's how I looked at it too.  It really is the first day of the rest of your life.  Just try to stay focused when you're in pain the first few days, remember this is what you need to get through to get where you want to go, and it will definitely all seem worth it when it's done.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Jenni_9yrspostop
on 10/9/11 1:14 am
Good luck to you. I had my Open RNY 10 years ago in September and have never ever regretted my decision. I still have wow moments and would do this over again every single year in order to feel this good. I have not had one complication and my recouperation time was minimal. Pain was almost non-existant too. You'll be fine, you have a great attitude.

Jen 10 yrs post op
Jackie
Multiplepetmom

on 10/9/11 1:19 am
 here's hoping you have an easy recovery!  

once upon a time I had a group to talk about Binge Eating Disorder, and later one about Clean Eating.

PM me if you are interested in either of these.

size 8, life is great

BethR311
on 10/9/11 2:36 am - Fort Wayne, IN
Wishing you well!  I have lap VSG tomorrow at 2:45!

Open yourself to possibility and possibility will present itself.
Leigh1966
on 10/9/11 3:32 am - NY
Best of luck to you, Beth!  Hope everything goes well.
Leigh
tamara55
on 10/9/11 3:18 am
Best wishes to you too, Beth! I will be thinking about you both and cheering you on!

Leigh1966
on 10/9/11 3:35 am - NY
Thank you so much everyone!  Your support means a lot to me.  I'll be sure to give an update ASAP to let everyone know how it went.
Leigh
Most Active