Long Time No See - 3.5 years Out - How You Doin?

TazRN
on 10/10/11 2:13 pm
 Wow, talk about being gone for a while.  It seems like yesterday I was one on the forum looking for help and advice.  I am now 3.5 years post op and I have managed to keep off half of what I lost.  I started out at 367, lost down to 210 and I am now a very comfortable 280.  I have had plastic surgery and have to stomach of a 21 year old now = hard as a rock.  I can wear 42 jeans, tuck in my shirt and have my waist look much smaller than my stomach.  I work out 4-5 days a week about 30-60 minutes and I have the energy of a young buck, both in and outside of the bedroom.  Life is great, I would love to get back down to 210, but honestly, I was really working out and running like crazy 6-7 days a week, 2 hours of workouts a day.  Not really normal by any means.  I am on NO meds of any kind except for B12 shots, fish oil, multivitamins, and calcium citrate.  I can eat pretty much anything I want, just kid size portions.  It is nice having the security of a small pouch so you can't overindulge.  Nice to know I will have that forever.  

It is crazy, the other night I was out with some friends prior to going to a college football game and one of the guys actually put down 3 of those mammoth size burgers from Hardees, plus fries, and a large Coke.  I was totally floored and dismayed.  It was all I could do to eat the $1 burger, half of a medium fry, and half of a medium Coke.  That instance just reminded me of how great life was.   

All in all, things worked out really good for me.  One of the BEST LIFE SAVING DECISIONS I EVER MADE.  :-) 

qnmimi
on 10/10/11 4:25 pm - Cottage Grove, MN
Good to hear such good results can stick around as long as we use our tool appropriately. I'm just 9 months post op, and haven't felt this good in a long time. It's sad to see others abuse their bodies...it does bring back some pretty bad memories of past eating habits, but then again we can all learn from the humility in those emotions too. I'm just glad those days are over for me too!!

(deactivated member)
on 10/10/11 11:27 pm - North Brookfield, MA
Bravo   It is amazing isn't it?  Lisa
AnneGG
on 10/10/11 11:54 pm
Kudos to you, too! It does the heart and head good to hear from sucessful people who are further down the road!

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

AnneGG
on 10/10/11 11:51 pm
Thanks for being an inspiration for those of us less far out. It is so good to hear from you vets that have and continue to do such a good job!

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

Most Active