WEIGHT STOPPED!!!!!!!

usmcwifeymom4boys
on 10/13/11 3:51 am, edited 10/13/11 3:52 am - camp lejeune, NC
Okay so Im 3 1/2 mths post op and I have lost a total of 60 lbs but its come to a stop! not a one day or two day stop but a 2 week stop, is this normal do I need to do something different, Im freaking out and I just want some good info because I have tried changing my work out times and watched everything I eat. I hope someone can comfort these crazy feelings!

Lisarn1
on 10/13/11 3:56 am - Raleigh, NC
Your body is trying to catch up. Try and relax, as this could actually slow things down more. Stay on your plan.

RNY 10/19/09 - Revision to VSG 10/13/14 - Dr Paul Enochs 

Barbara C.
on 10/13/11 4:05 am - Raleigh, NC

This is completely normal and I'm surprised that this is the first stall you have encountered. You are a very lucky lady. Just stay the course and the weight loss will resume. Make sure that you are following your program, getting in the prescribed protein, calories, hydration, supplementation, etc... For most of us, we experience a period when the weight loss drops, then it stops, then drops again, so what you are experiencing is completely normal. 

If you haven't been doing so, you may want to log your intake and activity so that if your weight loss doesn't resume within the next couple of weeks you can go to your program with the necessary information to help fine tune your program.

Wishing you continued success, 

Barbara
ObesityHelp Coach and Support Group Leader
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/bcumbo_group/
High-264, Current-148, Goal-145

Elizabeth N.
on 10/13/11 4:23 am, edited 1/2/12 9:26 am - Burlington County, NJ

Monica M.
on 10/13/11 6:07 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
This is perfectly normal. Your weight loss will stall now and again, sometimes for weeks at a time. The best thing to do is to put your scale away, and focus on other things.

Have you taken measurements? now might be a good time to see how those are changing.

Just keep following the program. Keep track of your protein and carbs. You should be tracking your food somehow, either written down in a journal, or using an online program such as on livestrong.com, fitday.com, myfitnesspal.com, etc. It's imperative that you know what's going into your body.

Keep your protein up where your WLS centre says it should be, make sure you keep control of your carbs. Exercise, drink lots, do all the right things.

Sometimes your body gets a brainwave, and says "holy crap, what's going on??? I better keep those calorie stores handy, because it looks like this chick isnt giving me enough". It'll soon realize that you really mean what you're doing, and let go of the weight again.

You may be losing inches, tho, a pound of muscle takes up less room than a pound of fat.

just breathe. It'll be ok. There's no way you're done losing yet.

Monica

(deactivated member)
on 10/13/11 10:15 am

all normal 60 in 3 months is GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!! you"ll lose more trust me u will be patient!

Most Active