Best foods, products and dining out places for us

villy5
on 10/15/11 6:37 am - NJ
Hi to all.  I was wondering if we can create a list of products, foods and dining out places that are the best for us, based on individual experiences.  Anything  that you have tried and have been good for you.  I am afraid of trying out some products because may be afraid of the taste, so I though we can help each other by mentioning products.  For example the Turkey Hill sugar free and fat free Vanilla Bean Ice cream is delicious.  Do you have anything to recommend? Thank you.
Well, some of us sometimes note the no so good things about loosing weight, I have to say that it serve on my case to find a fibroid and it will be removed.  Thanks God!

Meche

Please remember, no matter what and who said so, you should always, always contact your medical providers for all of your concerns.

M M
on 10/15/11 12:03 pm
 Anything/anywhere!

It's so very individual.  

You will learn to make any place work for you -- in your portions and according to your dietary needs.  It's really no big thing.

Medley411
on 10/15/11 12:47 pm
You should be able to go into any establishment and eat.  There are a few places where everything is fried such as Jack-n-the box, I dont frequent. However you can get eggs at every breakfast place 24 hours a day.  If your at a sandwich place you can always opt to eat the sandwich meat and cheese, just dont eat the bread.  Chili is a good choice and served at many places and Wendy's.  If you go to a seafood place, you can opt for a shrimp ****tail.  Seafood is very high in protien.  If your on the road, opt for cheese sticks, nuts and beef jerky.  I carry various types of dry roasted soybeans, which are also called edamame.
As you go about you travels you will learn what your favorites are.  My favorite dish is from Red Lobster, it is a grilled shrimp entree with peach BBQ sause.  Just remember to eat protien first. 

Ladytazz
on 10/15/11 2:10 pm
Actually Jack in the Box has grilled chicken strips that are great.
I've never found a place I couldn't get what I wanted.  The other day I thought I was out of luck because I was at Olive Garden and then I found out they have a gluten free menu.  The mixed grill was great.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Binda
on 10/16/11 1:44 pm - CA
Omg did someone say Olive Garden? I could just swim naked in their salads... I think they put crack in their salads!! So yum!!

I have wasted enough of my life worrying about what people think of me.

Binda
on 10/16/11 1:46 pm - CA
Ew yuck, I just realized if I swam naked in an Olive Garden salad it WOULD have crack in it.

but seriously, MM is right, stick with protein/veggies/fruits and lower fat/sugar and we can go anywhere and eat a wide range of foods....you sorta have to find your own way on this because taste buds change post op and all...

I have wasted enough of my life worrying about what people think of me.

Most Active