Excitement is gone!!!

Valerie G.
on 10/20/11 3:09 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
 Now your new life really begins.  You're known as a regular person, not the incredible shrinking woman anymore.  Now you get credit for your merits, so shine like you've always wanted to.  Let your personality come out naturally, instead of either forcing it or hiding it.  This is YOU being who you always wished people saw you as.  If you don't know who YOU are yet, then there's some good soul searching to do.

Being 6 years out from my DS, I'm no longer excited about being the gal who lost 145 lbs and many of the people who know me didn't know me weighing 286lbs anyway.  Instead, I'm just Val, the smart and bubbly one, and I'm good with that.  

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

bxbeba
on 10/20/11 3:40 am - NY
Thanks everyone for all your support and ideas.  I guess it's just getting used to my new body and finding out who this skinny person is now that I am no longer the fat girl who everyone knew.  It may take a bit of soul searching, maybe that will be the fun part of all this. 

Again, thanks everyone for the advice that's what is so good about this site the bits of information you can receive can make the journey and beyond so much easier.

Toni

Elizabeth N.
on 10/20/11 6:52 am, edited 1/1/12 10:39 pm - Burlington County, NJ

Most Active