Freakin out kind of......

Karleigh B.
on 10/26/11 7:50 am - CA
RNY on 11/01/11 with
OK so..... I have 6 days left till my surgery, and my daughter is sick!. I am scared to death that i will end up catching this cold.. Will they cancel my surgery if i am under the weather a little?   I am soooo freakin out!
"If we lose, then it was worth fightin for. If we win, we only live to fight again" 
       Cee-Lo Green

Jenni_9yrspostop
on 10/26/11 7:56 am
They'll do a blood test the morning of to determine if you're healthy enough (white count) for surgery. Call your doc now, some put patients on antibiotics before surgery to ward off any infection, like dentist's do before oral surgery. See what they say, hope you stay healthy!
Jen 10 yrs post op
Emily F.
on 10/26/11 9:17 am
Are you a single mom? Do you have a partner to help you with her? I would stay away from her as much as possible, germx and lysol the house often.
rhondalee
on 10/26/11 9:45 am - OH
RNY on 11/01/11 with
I am having surgery on the 1st as well and Monday I woke up with a swollen throat.  I am currently taking the z-pack 5day anti-botics surgeon said that was fine..I would get on something quick to be safe
Zeigled
on 10/26/11 12:14 pm - Parkton, MD
They would probably cancel if you actually have trouble breathing - congestion, etc.  You don't want to have a cough after surgery - esp if they end up having to go open rather than laproscopic
HW 357 SW 341   

Most Active