After 4 years Revision is Tomorrow!

ShanaR
on 11/7/11 11:32 pm - East Brunswick, NJ
VSG on 11/09/11 with
Well for everyone that knows my story, My revision is tomorrow! My surgeon called me Friday giving me a heads up that the date  may get pushed from the 11th to the 9th. So yesterday I went to see him and it was pushed to the 9th! I'm so thrilled and excited! I can not wait!!! So next time I have a new post on here I will be "SLEEVED"
"I choose Inner beauty for the first and physical beauty for the Second"-UnKnown
Hw:280 SW:223.4 CW:199.4 GW:150

trafficdonna
on 11/8/11 12:32 am
You are so beautiful in your picture....why the revision? 
This too will pass, like a kidney stone but it will pass!
ShanaR
on 11/8/11 2:20 am - East Brunswick, NJ
VSG on 11/09/11 with
Thank you! I had a lot of issues with my lap band. From slipping to growing into my liver. 4 years of hell. My profile picture is 2years old ;) I was about 230 in it. It is a great head shot I'd say :)
"I choose Inner beauty for the first and physical beauty for the Second"-UnKnown

Nic M
on 11/8/11 12:49 am
Good luck with the revision, Shana. I hope the Sleeve will be great for you! 

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

ShanaR
on 11/8/11 2:28 am - East Brunswick, NJ
VSG on 11/09/11 with
Thank you! I hope so myself! I can't imagine anything being worse then the crapband

Nic M
on 11/8/11 2:32 am
I wholeheartedly agree! 

I spent the day at a doc's office yesterday... still trying to sort out the damage done by the band. And it was removed 6 stinkin' years ago!

Wishing you the best with the revision!
~Nicci

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

ShanaR
on 11/8/11 3:53 am - East Brunswick, NJ
VSG on 11/09/11 with
oh my!!!! that is insane! The doctor thing is a non ending thing! I have been back and forth gathering as much info as I can on what was found during the removal of my band. This is torturous! This is giving me the will to do something about this crap-band! My brain is in the works for a massive retaliation!

I wish you the best of luck in getting this all settled! Let's keep in touch!
Thank you for the wishes!
Shana

Dave Chambers
on 11/8/11 1:00 am - Mira Loma, CA
Follow your post op protocol very closely.  My surgeon's surgical nurse spoke last night about a similar topic. She said some medical data that was published a few months ago that spoke about this issue. Once you have a wt loss surgery, you body is "tricked" in many ways in the wt loss procss. Revision surgeries likely will not have the same wt loss rate as your initial wt loss surgery.Your body has already made some adjustments, so following protocol is a HIGH PRIORITY.   I'd highly suggest you attend monthly support group meetings to help you on your journey. DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

ShanaR
on 11/8/11 2:26 am - East Brunswick, NJ
VSG on 11/09/11 with
well thank you for your post. Revisions from Lapbands usually have greater weight loss than with the lapband. Hence the amount of revisions. I did lose 60 pounds from my band. 4 years of hell I'd have to say. Slippage than growing into my liver. The only trick my band played on my body was the frequent vomitting and stomach pains! I follow post op very seriously. My mother being a RN for my old bariatric surgeon she keeps on my tail like a hawk!.  I have been attending support groups for 4 years I go once a month.. FYI your post is a tad offensive for the simple fact that you are suggesting things I should do and you not knowing I do all of these things to the T.  Shana

MARIA F.
on 11/8/11 2:52 am - Athens, GA

Congrats on your revision! I wish I was able to revise!

Please share your band experience on the band forums. Those that are pre-op NEED to hear stories like ours so that they can make an informed decision about the band!!!

FormerlyFluffy.com

Most Active