white stools question

asiaisacontinent
on 11/24/11 1:59 pm - MI
I have been having a stomach pains and white loose stools all day. I'm about 2 months out. Any suggestions on what this could be?
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board 

(deactivated member)
on 11/24/11 2:23 pm - Wiesbaden, Germany
DS on 10/08/13
Captain Obvious wants to know what you ate.

Best bet: if you've had stomach pains all day, go to the ER in hospital where your surgery was performed.  Could be a bariatric surgeon issue or it could be a gastroenterologist issue.
poet_kelly
on 11/24/11 2:27 pm - OH
Still got your gall bladder?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

(deactivated member)
on 11/24/11 3:15 pm
light color stools and stomach pains are two symptoms of gall bladder issues.. get yourself checked out.
Gina 21 Years Out
on 11/24/11 11:51 pm - Burleson, TX

I agree with the gall bladder "diagnosis". Rapid weight loss is notorious for causing GB problems-even if non-WLS related. Even peeps who don't have a gall bladded can have problems with extra bile, that has nowhere to go now, and runs amuck. Dis you eat more fat/dairy than usual yesterday?

Best to get they self to a doctor-and tell EVERYTHING you feel/know. Do NOT be shy/hold back with info. You MUST be your own advocate.

Please let us know how it turns out. Other people will follow in your footsteps and can learn from you.

Gina AKA Nurse

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

tee t.
on 11/25/11 12:15 am
 Lab work will show whether your liver is vulnerable after WLS.  It is fairly common.

Do not even sip alcohol, eat your protein, and check with your doctor.

Google word:  NASH
JIB 1986
revised to RNY 2004
plastics 2004,2006, 2009
Valerie G.
on 11/25/11 9:06 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
White stool at any age is not normal and should be evaluated promptly by a doctor. White stool is caused by a lack of bile, which may indicate a serious underlying problem in the liver, gallbladder or small intestine.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active