3mo. post op and excessive vomitting

Megharden
on 11/28/11 2:37 am
Hello All,
I am a little over 3mo. post op from RNY and up until this point I have had very few issues. Well, last week I started throwing up. I just figured I ate something that didn't agree and it would pass. However, it has now been 5 days and I am still vomitting. It comes and goes..one minute I will feel fine and the next I will feel like crap. I started noticing that it happens every time I drink water and I am sooo thirsty!! Has any one ran into this issue and if so any advice??
Thanks!
Valerie G.
on 11/28/11 3:12 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
It sounds like some serious dehydration.  Get yourself to a doc and an IV will make you feel loads better quickly.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

clpeltz
on 11/28/11 3:26 am
Call doctor now!  You are dehydrated and that will make you feel even worse.  Your doc should explore the possibility that you have a stricture.  I dealt with those a lot in my RNY days.  Get the IV fluids first though, that is really what you need.  Good luck hun!

RNY to DS Revision 4/29/2011
Dr. Henry Buchwald

"Think twice.....Cut ONCE"

AMYH-M
on 11/28/11 6:45 am - League City, TX
Nausea is one thing, but throwing up like that is very very bad. Get to the doctor immediately. You probably do need an IV. I could be a virus or a blockage from scar tissue, but nomatter what the cause, the results are very dangerous.  I would go to an urgent care clinic right now.
Ellfam5
on 11/29/11 12:02 pm
I had something like this after 3 months, it ended up being a couple of staples swirling around in my pouch scratching and cutting it. Endoscopy and they got them out. Treated me with ulcer meds for 10 days and I have been fine since. Was also dehydrated because I stopped eating and drinking!!!! Dont do that it makes things worse. Hope you get this figured out.

Megharden
on 11/29/11 2:48 pm
 Thank you all for the responses! I was really getting concerned and I'm embarrassed to admit that I was extremely constipated which in turn made me dehydrated due to the excessive vomiting. With every thing else I'm trying to get used to I never considered using the restroom as something I needed to pay attention to as well. Oops :-) Again thanks for the concern and help! 
Most Active