Overstitch Procedure

Diamondshape1
on 12/8/11 2:26 am
Is there and one else out here waiting on the equipment for the overstitch procedure to come in for Doc. Titus D. Duncan?

My cousin and I are both waiting. She was schduled for and appointiment back in June 2011. They called her can canclled said the Doc. Duncan want to wait on the new equipment. They never called me, I called to call myself to find out. What is really going on? Is there another Doc in Atlanta that does this procedure?
(deactivated member)
on 12/8/11 2:48 am - Newnan, GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with
Which "this procedure" are you meaning?  Roux-en-Y, sleeve, switch?

Roux-en-Y and sleeve, sure, switch - no.

If you are a self pay your options are wide open, if you need to go through insurance, then call your provider.  He is definitely not the only doctor around. 
Diamondshape1
on 12/8/11 3:05 am
That is the name of the procedure Overstitch that is office is calling it. They try and tell me that he is the only one. Im thinking that this is another name for Roux-en-y. But, my insurance has already approved it and everything. It just burns me up that I have to keep calling this office. When I call other Doc office in Atlanta they say that dont do this procedure. So it might be the name of this procedure that is throwing them off.  They did the EGD with Sclerotherapy and that didnt work waste of money.

Everybody knows how hard it is to get the insurance to pay, and here it is mine will but cant get done
(deactivated member)
on 12/8/11 3:12 am - Newnan, GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with
Do you already have a Roux-en-Y and he is reviising you?  Like do you have issues with an enlarged stoma? 

http://www.peachtreebariatrics.com/overstitch-procedure.php

Here.. I found it.  So, its kind of like a stomaphyx I am guessing. 

Sorry friend. I would have issues with such a flakey team! 
Diamondshape1
on 12/8/11 3:20 am
He said that my stoma has enlarged just a little. I had the bypass back in 2005 gained about 45 back over the years. Had the EGD with Sclerotherapy 2011 nothing with that. So the next thing he said would be the overstitch. Which is a revise of the pouch.
Diamondshape1
on 12/8/11 3:21 am
Yep, Im thinking the same thing to.
Valerie G.
on 12/8/11 5:56 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
Hmmm, he's the only one doing this procedure and insurance is covering it.  I smell fraud, for insurance companies usually don't like to cover procedures that only one (or 10) doc is doing.  It smells fishy to me, and if I were you, I'd be looking elsewhere.  What are the success rates of this unknown procedure?  Before you put yourself under the knife another time, I'd be asking a lot of questions besides when this equipment is coming in. Has he even done this procedure before, knowing that his equipment isn't there yet?

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Diamondndaruff
on 12/8/11 8:10 am
 No it's far from fraud. I'm not going to take it that far. Other doc have heard of it just don't do it. 
Diamondndaruff
on 12/8/11 8:20 am
Now, I can say that I have talked to others my self that he has done, they had good out come. 
But, I have given up on him and looking else where. 
cabin111
on 12/8/11 6:04 am
Wondering if you are thinking of the ROSE procedure.  It doesn't have that great of a success rate...
Most Active