pre-op diet

Lila B.
on 12/8/11 12:19 pm - ND
tomorrow I start my 2wk pre-op plan,,its starting to get real now.  Here is hoping the shakes are going to go smoothly.  Any words of advice or wisdom are welcome as I begin my new journey of WLS.

wvugaltlf
on 12/8/11 11:15 pm - MD
I am on day 3 of the preop plan and here is my advice. It is a little diificult to adjust to at first because of the lack of chewing and I have gotten grumpy and a headache the last couple of nights.  I just keep telling myself that this is the first of many steps to the body and health I should have and I save one of my shakes to be an after dinner drink so I feel ok to go to bed. I seem to feel better today and hope I stay this way! Honestly the hardest part for me is being a teacher so I am hiding in my room avoiding the lounge where our wonderful parents keep bringing in the holiday treats! Better to avoid than be tempted! Just keep telling yourself you are worth it and you will be able to do this! Good luck and see you on the losers bench soon!
Lila B.
on 12/9/11 11:54 am - ND
Thank you for your advice!  Today wasnt too bad, only time I felt hungry was about 4 hrs after my 2nd shake, so I grabbed a salad before I left work and had my last shake at home about 8pm and I cant say im hungry.  The shakes are ok,  sweeter than I thought they would be and they get really thick fast, its harder to get it down when its like that.  This weekend will be a challenge, my time is more structered at work and easier to not graze on anything and everything in sight.  LOL  Time for the self control to step up  I can relate to the extra treats being around every corner, its easier to just not go there,  Again thanks for commenting and good luck!
Most Active