First Post! 2 weeks post op. Weight stall already?

Michelle M.
on 12/13/11 2:13 am - CA
Hello everyone.  I'm Michelle.   34years old, Mommy of 2 in Long Beach, Ca.  I have been lurking for a while, and I'm so inspired by your stories!   I am exactly 2 weeks post op today and I have not lost weight for 3 days.   Is that normal?   All in all, I have lost 15lbs since surgery on 11/29, but it find it odd that I have not budged on the scale in 3 days.   Also, unrelated, I have had pain in my left shoulder ever since surgery.  It hurts when I take a deep breath, and also at night when I am lying down.  Surgeon said it is not related, but I have my doubts.   Anyone have similar experiences?

HW: 260 - PreOp: 246  

(deactivated member)
on 12/13/11 2:33 am, edited 12/13/11 3:26 am - TX
 Pain in shoulder:  If your surgery (which was what?), was laparoscopic, the pain is likely gas.  But monitor it and if it gets worse, ask your doc again.

Weight pause:  Your body's had a bit of a shock and it's probably just having a rest BUT do yourself and your sanity a favor and chuck the scale in the back of the closet for at least a month or more.  All it will do is drive you nuts.  Trust your surgery to do it's job.  

In the meantiime, hydrate like a mad thing and get your protein in.  Best wishes
cajungirl
on 12/13/11 3:14 am
Hi Michelle, time to participate and share you'll gain and support others and meet lots of people you feel a lifetime friendship with.

What surgery did you have?  As for the stall, your body has been through a major change and it's very common to experience periods of no loss.  Stay off the scale if it frustrates you too much, know that it is very common and this may or may not be the first and last one you experience.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

Elizabeth N.
on 12/13/11 4:55 am, edited 12/30/11 8:04 am - Burlington County, NJ

Libby0218
on 12/13/11 5:18 am - TX
This explanation of the glycogen is very helpful! Thank you!
Michelle M.
on 12/13/11 7:50 am - CA
Thanks all for the responses, especially the explanation about glycogen. I had laparoscopic VSG . I also had a hiatial hernia repair at the same time. (Not planned). I am putting my scale away for a while, but I must admit, it is one of the BEST feelings to see a lower number on the scale in the morning, than the night before! I guess I will have to slow down and weigh in weekly. Looking forward to checking in, and hearing about everyone else experiences.
HW: 260 - PreOp: 246  

Amy T.
on 12/13/11 11:13 am - Labadieville, LA
 Hi, I will be one month post op on December 15 th. I had a new procedure called the Pose Procedure, which is incision less but it takes the part of the stomach that stretches to accommodate food and they make gathers and use anchors to reduce capacity and reduce hunger. I lost 14 pounds in the first 10 days .  Then it seemed to stall a bit then the scale started moving again. It is very discouraging to know you are doing everything right and the darn scale won't move. I kept on going and it did start moving again. I am now 22.5 lbs lighter up till today. So really that is a lot lost in not even one month.  But You Can't Give Up. Just Keep On Going! 
Most Active