Insurance question.....HELP??

free4l1fe
on 12/15/11 6:36 am - University Place, WA
REALIZE Band on 03/27/12
Thank you all for your input, it was all very good advice. When I go to my surgeon on the 22nd, I will bring it up to him and tell him that I don't want to be forced into a surgery just because my insurance company won't cover it.
Mary_J
on 12/17/11 11:57 am
Be forewarned - if your doc doesn't do the DS, he'll be trying to convince you that it's bad/not the surgery for you.

Find a doc that DOES the DS at www.dsfacts.com, and go THERE.

5' 5" -  317.5 / 132 / 134  SW / CW / GW

Guate Wife
on 12/17/11 11:35 am - Grand Rapids, MI

So sorry to inform you, but THE person who walked people through insurance issues, pro-bono (she is an attorney and very well seasoned vet who has never had a denial in appealing an insurance companies decision) was just banned from OH for having the nerve to ask them to improve the user experience here.

See, this site is not about helping & support, it is about lining the pockets of the site owners with advertising dollars, and the absolute majority of advertising surgeons are not qualified to perform the DS, nor a revision from a failed WLS to a DS.

Such a damn shame when we are faced with the truth.  Please find help on the new board being created:  weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi

It has literally just started, but that is where you will now find the experts to help guide you through what you need to get you what you need!

Best of luck on your journey!

~ I am the proud wife of a Guatemalan, but most people call me Kimberley
Highest Known Weight  =  370#  /  59.7 bmi  @  5'6"

Current Weight  =  168#  /  26.4 bmi  :  fluctuates 5# either way  @  5'7"  /  more than 90% EWL
Normal BMI (24.9)  =  159#:  would have to compromise my muscle mass to get here without plastics, so this is not a goal.

I   my DS.    Don't go into WLS without knowing ALL of your options:  DSFacts.com

free4l1fe
on 12/17/11 3:04 pm - University Place, WA
REALIZE Band on 03/27/12
Thanks for the info. I will be checking out that link for sure!!!
MsBatt
on 12/18/11 5:39 am
It's such a SHAME Diana isn't available to help you HERE at OH...
Most Active