REMEMBER THE 3 BITE RULE DURING THE HOLIDAYS

Deborah T.
on 12/15/11 2:32 am - GA
The 3 Bite Rule.  If there is something that you have got to have during Christmas Dinner, Or New Years Dinner, just get 3 small bites of it, and you will be satisfied.  Trust me I have done this for the past 3 years, and it has worked everytime.  Just always remember it comes from your head what you can do, or not do.

I am 3 years Post-Op and have lost 133 pounds.  I am very satisfied with my Weight Loss and My Doctor calls me his Star Patient.  I am a Lap-Banded and at 7 months I had lost 70% of my Body Fat.

Praying everyone has a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

GETTING HEALTHY ONE POUND AT A TIME

Deborah Turrell
Obesity Help Support Group Leader/Obesity Help Life Coach

(deactivated member)
on 12/15/11 4:17 am
MsBatt
on 12/15/11 4:22 am, edited 12/14/11 8:17 pm
Glad to see this is working for you. If *I* could eat only three bites, I would have never needed WLS. (*grin*)
Denise M.
on 12/15/11 9:01 am
  Same here!  

(I could probably write a Spiderman themed song about it if it wasn't time to head home from work!)

The advice actually is true for me--after about 3 bites I quit tasting it and am just robotically eating.  You know, 'cause it's there. The compulsion to eat is far greater than stopping after 3 bites.  And Lord knows my band doesn't stop anything after 3 bites.  It's one bite  or go for broke!

I shoulda hadda DS!

MsBatt
on 12/15/11 11:54 am
That's why you're supposed to eat three bites of ham, then three bites of scalloped potatoes, then three bites of green beans, then three bites of dressing, then three bites of sweet taters, then repeat. (*grin*)
Denise M.
on 12/16/11 8:01 am
Perhaps I'll miss my exit on the way to M'boro for Christmas and end up at your place!

PASS THE HAM.  STAT!

MsBatt
on 12/16/11 9:00 am
I forgot to mention the turkey and dressing, didn't I? With gravy, of course!
Hey Jules
on 12/16/11 8:00 am
 Is that the advice from Dr. Yaya Doodles?

BTW, love that pic! 

brokenwings.jpg image by heyjules77

5'8", 150cm C.C. - HW 289/SW 275/CW 150/GW 164      I  my DS!!!

Denise M.
on 12/16/11 8:06 am
Yaya, it is!   

I did have a dietician tell me about the 3 bites thing and it does make sense.  However, I have to spend so much time thinking about it that it's more like concentrating on taking a huge dump than enjoying food.  Who has that kind of emotional energy?

I had to whip up that pic because I couldn't find the image of the V8 can with DS on it on the interwebs and I'm too freakin' lazy to photoshop one up myself.

(oh, I have no freakin' idea who Yaya Doodles is, but I soooo loved the name!  I hope Yaya ends up on the dsfacts website so I can use him/her for my eventual revision )

Hey Jules
on 12/16/11 8:12 am
 You mean this one?

brokenwings.jpg image by heyjules77

5'8", 150cm C.C. - HW 289/SW 275/CW 150/GW 164      I  my DS!!!

Most Active