Question about 5 year history

PkSteph
on 12/28/11 2:17 pm
 My insurance (UnitedHeathcare) says I need a min. BMI of 40 for the past 5 years.  Does this mean I will not be approved because I had done Weigh****chers in 2007-2008 and lost about 50 lbs?  I was still technically obese when I finally quit.  (I just stopped losing no matter how strict I became)
I later regained all my loss back plus 7 more pounds.  

Will I be penalized for trying? 
Gina 21 Years Out
on 12/28/11 6:23 pm - Burleson, TX

I can't speak for UHC, of course, but I'd think it's certainly worth a try. Do you happen to still have a record of your WW weigh ins? I say that, because MY WW weekly records helped me get approval (I had Aetna, and it was a long time ago), because it showed "effort/eventual failure/yadda yadda".

Have you talked to someone, at UHC, and asked EXACTLY what YOUR PLAN expects (not their general qualifications-but YOUR PLAN)? Get it in writing, then come back, and let us help you with it. It's probably not as bad as you think, and their are some smart folks here, to help you with it.

Godspeed, and hang in there!

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Judi J.
on 12/28/11 7:23 pm - MN
if you have something to show you were over 40 bmi at any time during that year they can use that.
Valerie G.
on 12/29/11 3:58 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
Check to see what your PCP records show.  If you didn't go to the doc when you lost weight, they may have you as being MO the whole time.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active