pinch, pierce...lower stomach pain in the muscles

ollieboysladybird
on 1/1/12 1:02 pm - Canada
has any one had this after roux en y? 2 week post. Its sharp and pulling. Hurts especially when sitting up and getting to standing position.
Sarah

RNY
Surgery Date: December 19th 2011
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

(deactivated member)
on 1/1/12 1:35 pm - Beverly, NJ
You're question will probably be answered quicker if you ask in the place where everyone is now at. PM me for details.
Mary Catherine
on 1/1/12 7:06 pm
 It is from muscles that were cut when the surgeon made one of the incisions large enough to insert the stapler.  It does heal.  I took pain killers for a few days and the pain was gone after a few weeks.
trudylam
on 1/3/12 9:33 am - Sudbury, Canada
Come on over to the Ontario forum.  Don't bother going to the "other place" as was previously suggested. 

It's probably your muscles.  Mine were sore for a good 3 weeks.  Are you noticing that it's at least improving a bit each day?  

ollieboysladybird
on 1/3/12 9:40 am - Canada
Oh I totally notice an improvement each day...just the last 3 or 4 days now it's a sharper pinch where it used to feel sort of like a cramp. I figure it's my stitches dissolving but I am anxious because of the situation I had on xmas eve and so I have an appointment to see the surgeon on Friday and also the psychologist tomorrow!

I know it's just my body healing, but I'm just scared that the pressure on my body from xmas eve has done damage and I want to make sure I'm all good.
Sarah

RNY
Surgery Date: December 19th 2011
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Most Active