Do weight loss programs like WW count?

PkSteph
on 1/2/12 5:01 am
I think my insurance UHC needs a 6 month superrvized weight loss program. Does weigh****chers or any other paid program other than a doctor count for this? From 2007 to 2008 I went to ww. I have the log books to prove it.

Jackie McGee
on 1/2/12 5:09 am - PA
Yes, that counts. As long as you lose weight and your doctor records that you are losing weight, that would be enough proof as your doctor would be supervising your weight loss.

Proud mama of Mischa and Gabriel, both born post-op.

(deactivated member)
on 1/2/12 5:19 am
It typically requires a medically supervised program.  It will depend on how much your doctor participated in tracking your progress, and the requirements of your insurance company. 
glzgowlass
on 1/2/12 5:40 am - VA
RNY on 09/14/11 with
Yes, it counts.  I didn't need to do the medical supervised diet requirement because I had kept my log book.

HW: 218, SW: 204, CW: 139 GW: 112-119

pokerchips
on 1/2/12 5:43 am
I have UHC and I gave the surgeons office copies of my log books...no problem

Change is a Process Not an Event

aaaaaaa
on 1/2/12 5:51 am
 You might want to place a call to your insurance co. and pose the question to them. What is accepted for one, may differ for another. Usually when your doctor approved/approves the weight loss program, and documents the progress, the ins. co. will also accept them. Just check to make certain.

sarah_durso
on 1/2/12 8:08 am
 With my insuranxe both WW and Jenny will due. AS long as you go to you PM monthly for weigh in and updates. 
unewillow
on 1/2/12 8:56 am - CT
I agree with the poster above, run it by your insurance company and get an answer straight form the horses mouth. My sister thought her WW would count but her insurance denied her.

WhoIWantToBe *.
on 1/2/12 11:00 am
RNY on 01/10/12
 The problem might be how long ago it was.  Mine had to be within the last two years.
Most Active