6 month diet question!!!

melissa H.
on 1/10/12 11:37 am - KY
My insurance(medicare) doesn't require a 6 month supervised diet but the company that administers my medicare in the state of Kentucky does. This is what they say.

There is documented evidence of compliance with and repeated failure of multiple attempts, at least three (3), to lose weight on a supervised non-surgical management weight loss program (e.g. diet, exercise, or drugs). It is expected that at least one of the weight loss attempts would consist of compliance with a physician directed program for at least a consecutive six month period without significant gaps. Monthly documentation of the beneficiary's compliance should include:
  1. Vital signs to include weight
  2. Current dietary program
  3. Physical activity/exercise program
  4. Behavioral interventions
  5. May include consideration of/use of pharmacotherapy with FDA approved medication, if appropriate
With that being said, when it says  (It is expected that at least one of the weight loss attempts would consist of compliance with a physician directed program for at least a consecutive six month period without significant gaps) does that mean i can have my family doctor to put me on a diet and monitor me monthly or does it have to be by a nutrionist?
comeundone
on 1/10/12 11:59 am - OH
I have medicare but live in Ohio and just had my doctor do my weight check (he just said to join the y and watch what I eat)  I only had 1 vist with the nutrionist for her classes (because it was 30 minutes after my surgeons appt so I stuck around) I lost weight eating low carbs, high protein but I made my own plan well with the help from this board that is.
HW 289  SW 242

melissa H.
on 1/11/12 2:31 am - KY
So does anyone else understand my question?
Most Active