"off" days with food?

Alyson M.
on 1/11/12 4:18 am - Dennis Port, MA
I'm 7 years out, had a hernia repair a few weeks ago. I've been fine till this week, when it seems every other day food doesn't like me (or my pouch doesn't like food, whichever) It doesn't seem to matter WHAT I eat on an "off" day, it makes me nauseous & often throw up. I've never had this happen in 7 years so I'm wondering what's going on or if anyone else has had this happen.

310/229/132/160 (highest/current/lowest/goal)

MyLady Heidi
on 1/11/12 5:31 am
Yeah when I was pregnant.  Any chance of that?  Otherwise no I haven't been that sick to the point of vomitting, but I do have off days also.  Could it be the left over anesthesia leaving your body making you sick?
Alyson M.
on 1/11/12 6:00 am - Dennis Port, MA
Haha no chance of pregnancy thank goodness, 2 girls are enough for me! I was thinking about the anesthesia but I usually get over that pretty quickly. My hernia surgery was Dec 20, I went home on the 23rd, rested a LOT, and had a checkup last Thursday. All was fine till Saturday, it's been on & off since then. I kept down some veggie broth & elbow noodles a while ago, but breakfast came back up. It seems like one day I'm 100% ok, but the next is off & on throughout the day. I just wish I knew what it was/how to fix it because between kids, household stuff, etc, I can't really be taking naps & vomiting throughout the day.

MyLady Heidi
on 1/11/12 3:49 pm
I am sorry you are still sick, I know that being sick sucks especially when you really don't know from one moment to next if you are better or will get sick again.  I would try some really easy on the stomach stuff, maybe you have some sort of stomach bug thats causing your distress, I really hope you get better soon.
Dragonryder2
on 1/12/12 3:23 am - NM
Far be it from me to tell someone what might be wrong.  However, you might try taking some Prilosec/Omprezole for a couple of weeks and see if it helps.  I had to do that because I kept getting sick and couldn't figure out why.

I take the Omprezole about everyother day now and seldom have what I would call a sick day.

Good luck figuring it out.
Alyson M.
on 1/12/12 7:02 am - Dennis Port, MA
I'm already on Prilosec daily for reflux, and I never miss a dose (oh geez believe me, I feel the burn when I do!) but thanks for the suggestion :) Today was a good day food-wise, we will see what tomorrow brings I suppose.

Most Active