Totally Frustrated!!

Funmomof 4
on 1/13/12 10:18 am - Mechanicsburg, PA
I have been working since last June with to have a revision from Lap band to RNY.  I have everything done except my final cardiac clearance.  I have been waiting for my insurance to give me the final OK.  My employer is self-insured and they have certain criteria that I must go through 8-10 sessions over the phone with a dietition.  I found out today, they will not cover be because I had a lap band 10 years ago!!!  I specifically told them this 10 months ago and asked if that would be a problem. She asked me If I worked with my company back then or had the same insurance and I did not.  She told be it wouldn't be a problem.    I am so upset.  They apperently have some exclusions that they will not cover a revison unless there is a major complication such as a blockage or stricture.  Do I need to make myself continuously vomit for  my band to slip??   We are in appeal process, but I don't hold out much hope.

Tammi.  Lap band to sleeve revision Nov 27, 2012 

AnneGG
on 1/13/12 11:14 am
So sorry to hear this. All I can say is hang in there and keep exploring the options!

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

Kathleen W.
on 1/13/12 7:57 pm - Lancaster, PA
Keep appealing until you get what you need.  Wear them down.

SW 327
GW 150
CW 126

(deactivated member)
on 1/13/12 11:23 pm
 No need to cry or wear them down.  I was told repeatedly that bcbs would not pay for a revision.  However, medical necessity is the end route for any of their bullpuckey.  Have your physician write up a diagnosis that shows need, they will fold like a house of cards.
Most Active