One week down without smoking. Thank-you Oh

shasta101
on 1/18/12 9:16 am
RNY on 03/20/12
Today makes a week I have not smoked. I have to say this webpage helped me. When I would want a cigarette I would got on here and read your comments and look at the before and after pics. I go to my last nutritional meeting Monday 1/23/12 then we schedule the phsych eval and other prelimenary test. I am so nervous yet so excited. Oh yeah and I have went today without a patch.
Ladytazz
on 1/18/12 9:24 am
Congratulations!  I know how hard it is.  It is 6 weeks for me.  Keep it up.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

(deactivated member)
on 1/18/12 9:52 am
 Grats ! Happy One week SMOKE free! 
IrishIze
on 1/18/12 10:12 am - NJ
Fantastic!  Before you know it, it will be a month, then a year and you won't think about it anymore.  I quit 12 years ago and it was the best thing I ever did for myself!  Keep up the good work!
Irish......  

4catz
on 1/18/12 11:19 am
Good for you!  You can do it.  The first few weeks are the toughest.  Keep coming here to get your encouragement.  Your eye is on the prize!

Surgery Weight: 275
LLinda
on 1/18/12 2:49 pm - Allentown, PA
Congrats Shasta!  I remember my one week anniversary.  That was 10 days ago.  I'm 17 days out after smoking for more than 30 years.  I still get urges everyday.

Today was my last meeting in my 6 month program and as I opened the car door, I thought....'now I can have a vigarette'.  Of course I can't but my mind is still thinking about it.

I have to say it's a bit easier than I thought it would be....however, I've gained 8 pounds in 20 days!  Oye!  I have to find something to replace fattening food.  The Dr. wants me to go on Atkins two weeks before my surgery (3/13) but I think I'm going to do it starting this weekend, when I go food shopping.

Keep up the good work, Shasta!
martitalinda
on 1/18/12 6:44 pm
 CONGRATULATIONS!!!! every single day counts ... one.day.at.a.time ..... I am soooooooooooooo happy for you.  Wishing you nothing but the BEST on your journey.....

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

geo1671
on 1/18/12 9:11 pm - KY
VSG on 01/12/12
This is the toughest addiction of all to quit so from the bottum of my heart CONGRATS!!!!!

Edit   Delete  

Edit   Delete  

indi.1
on 1/18/12 11:26 pm - Chesterfiled, VA
VSG on 02/22/12
Congradulations.  Tomorrow will be 4 weeks since my last smoke.  But I am still on the patch (stage 1). Even with that, I still find myself thinking about them, but that's just the "habit" part of the addiction.   I'm just putting off the inevitable.. getting off the nicotine. 
(deactivated member)
on 1/18/12 11:46 pm
 Grats  !1 months smoke free!  Patch , NO patch... 1 month  WAHOOOOOOO!  Take a Bow! :) I wish you well on your journey, you can do this..one day at a time!   
Most Active