I'M BACK and AM NOT DOING GOOD

Dana G.
on 1/20/12 12:28 pm - OK
 Please, please, please help me get back on track..I'm lost, and I don't know which way to go, or how to even start again.  I've had several issues in my life and I have gained 20 lbs....what can I do to either lose at least 10 and stay on track? I had RNY in April 2010...Please, please help me, where do I start? What can I do????
"A girl should be two things: Classy and Fabulous!" Coco Chanel

Ladytazz
on 1/20/12 12:54 pm
The place to start is back to basics.  What did you do in the beginning?
Track your food, watch your portions, protein  first, no drinking with meals or 30 minutes after, take your vitamins, watch (or eliminate) refined carbs, drink lot's of fluids, get activity in, no grazing.
Which of those things aren't you doing?
If it is all too overwhelming, start slow.  If your problem is drinking your calories, replace them with non calorie drinks.  If you are drinking with your meals, stop it.  Take it one step at a time.
There is a back on track forum here.  Sorry, I don't have the link right now.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

poet_kelly
on 1/20/12 2:20 pm - OH
What are you doing now?  How many calories a day, how much protein?  What kinds of things do you eat?  Are you exercising?  Taking your vitamins?  How much liquid do you drink a day?  Have you been getting labs done regularly?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Gina 21 Years Out
on 1/20/12 6:22 pm - Burleson, TX

DANA-I agree with KELLY-it would be most helpful for us to know what you are ALREADY doing, in order to give you our best "advice".

I very much commend you for posting. I love the Dr Phil slogan of "You cannot CHANGE what you do not ACKNOWLEDGE". You have come forth, and acknowledged you have an issue, and desire change. KUDOS to you!!

Congrats on catching the gain at 20 lbs-but forget blaming it on "life issues". IMHO the "key" to long term staying on track is taking full OWNERSHIP of what goes into our mouths

Looking forward to seeing you post again!

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

ruggie
on 1/21/12 3:19 am - Sacramento, CA
You've got to tell us what's up with you now - what are you eating - how are you compliant, and what do you know you're having challenges with? 

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

(deactivated member)
on 1/21/12 3:23 am
Dana!!!! 

So nice to have you back with us!  (hug)
Andrea R.
on 1/22/12 6:37 am - Lyons, NY
Dana,
I had RNY in May of 2007. I had my tummy tucked last spring and enjoyed my FIRST summer in my entire life, in a bikini! Then, as the summer wound down, somehow I started gaining weight. By the time I realized what was going on with me, I had put 20 lbs back on!
I did what everyone here is suggesting you do. I tried to figure out where I was being non-compliant. I was horrified to realize how far I had strayed off path; however, even when I started back on the right track, I still just didn't feel right.

I sought the advice of my primary dr. I went through a battery of blood work and even saw an endocrinologist. It wasn't thyroid, adrenal or pituitary insuficiency... nothing the labwork sought to identify. After much online research, and a lot of introspection and self-reflection, I figured out my problem. I am perimenopausal. Initially, I would have NEVER considered it a possibility because I am only 34... but all of my symptoms truly fit the bill.

While I am significantly younger than most women who begin this phase of their life, in my case it all started because I suffered a particularly bad MRSA infection in my abdomen when I had my plastic surgery. Though it seems to have been a rediculously "delayed reaction", my weight gain was due to the wacky hormonal and chemical shifts going on inside of my body.

I haven't lost any weight yet, as this realization of my situation is relatively new (as in - last week is when I figured it all out!)... But I have found the source of my problems, and in the process I have also re-discovered the wonderful tool of my pouch; and I have re-committed myself to a healthy life.

Good luck to you and please keep us all posted with your progress!
OH Hugs ~ Andrea R.
Most Active