The ultimate motivation

WoodsonArcher
on 1/26/12 10:58 am - TX
Today marked a mile stone for me. I had given away most of my old clothes and needed to buy some new jeans. In the past, i could only buy my clothes in the big man section of JC Penny's. My pants were the elastic stetch kind and were a size 52 that was almost too small. Today i walked into Walmart to buy a new pair of jeans. i hoped I could fit a size 46, but they wouldnt fit. They were way too big. I am now a size 42, the same size i was in high school 30 years ago. I have lost 10 inches in my waist since October and I can now buy my clothes wherever i want. I have gone from a 3X shirt to an XL and this eveing, I put on a western shirt that i hadnt worn in years, it was a little big but looked great. This is awesome !!!

Marilyn101
on 1/26/12 1:44 pm - FL
Congrats that is great it is a wonderful feeling enjoy it. Good luck on your wonderful journey.
Christian I.
on 1/26/12 5:26 pm - TX
I can relate.  Especially to the 52 inch waist....ugh.
today I'm much smaller (34 but I've been post op 10 years).

Yes, buying clothes that compliment our bodies once again, IS one of the great pleasures that we get to enjoy...so Enjoy it!  You paid the price, you deserve it.

congrats!

christian
AnneGG
on 1/26/12 5:46 pm
Woot! Woot! Way to go, formerly big man! You rock, and you keep up the great work!

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

Gina 21 Years Out
on 1/26/12 6:59 pm - Burleson, TX

WOODSON-you went from a 52 to a 42, without getting new clothes in between? I gotta ask:

What were you wearing???..lol..If you were a woman, I'd know you had been "shopping from your own closet", as we tend to have multiple sizes in ours)yea-I probably have something in there, from high school, 30+ yrs ago, for real!)..

Thanks for sharing your "WOW Moment".."Non Scale Victory", etc, etc. To me, these things are a MUCH more important "measure of success" than a number on a square box.

Continued success to you!

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

kkharriss
on 1/26/12 10:42 pm - San Antonio, TX
RNY on 01/11/12

That is AWESOME.  It must be a great feeling.  I can hardly wait to have that feeling.  Heavy sigh.  You are an inspiration!!  Thank you for sharing your experience.

Kelley

(deactivated member)
on 1/27/12 8:47 pm
 CONGRATULATIONS   Woodson !!!  
Most Active