How To Be Happy - #1

M M
on 1/28/12 10:56 pm

Savor Everyday Moments

Pause now and then to smell a rose or watch children at play. Study participants who took time to “savor" ordinary events that they normally hurried through, or to think back on pleasant moments from their day, “showed significant increases in happiness and reductions in depression," says psychologist Sonja Lyubomirsky.

Do you stop - think - breathe - and allow moments to happen?  Do you allow yourself to enjoy living in a moment?  

Do you...
smile?  

Yep.  Often.  And inappropriate times.  But.  That's who I am.  And, I am learning to STOP and enjoy more.  It takes time. 
photo

photo

MyLady Heidi
on 1/28/12 11:34 pm
I derive my happiness from seeing those I care about happy, hence the reason I got up at 5am to go to DD and buy my bf a dozen fresh glazed donuts to eat while he watched Abu Dhabi this morning. I was rewarded by seeing the most gorgeous sunrise, something that rarely happens since I am not a morning person, I notice the beauty in nature every day.  My boyfriend was happy about the donuts but not so much that Tiger lost and so did Rory.

My idea of a beautiful face is this one, I am sooooo past the kiddie stage at this point in my life.

M M
on 1/29/12 12:44 am
I didn't post any baby faces today!  LOL.

AnneGG
on 1/29/12 2:04 am
Bless you for yet another wonderful and useful post, Beth! This will be my thought for the day- for my lifelong.

And it damn well better be long, given the work I am doing. If it isn't long, though, at least the quality is in.

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

M M
on 1/29/12 2:08 am
AnneGG
on 1/29/12 2:21 am
Yup yup yup!!! Thanks, and back at you!

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

(deactivated member)
on 1/29/12 3:17 am
 Beth I'm Crazy about U and Ure 100  % Right ....  happiness   Is a  CHOICE   AND an option a LOT of people are afraid to take ...   

See there IS a  silver lining to the seizures etc...  WISDOM   

That said , I know two dozen  "rebels "who are dying of boredom and lurking and  wanting to  come back ...

and theres probably ten dozen  silent ones BEHIND em ...

'
lets give em a shout out  and some LOVE .  I miss those contentious (  but SMART )  Dsers !    Big hugs to U wise  gorgeous woman  ....  and   ALL the   OH ers !   
M M
on 1/29/12 9:15 pm
 ab·hor·rent

adjective /abˈhôrənt/  /-ˈhär-/ 

Just Ducky - The
Meditative Hag

on 1/29/12 8:01 am - Belleville, IL
Aw heck...As a Cancer survivor, as someone who has 2 autoimmune diseases, I did the whole "Stop to smell the roses" probably 10-13 years ago...Didn't stop me from getting super morbidly Obese, even though I was HAPPY and ZEN like.... It was the damn prednisone and autoimmune drugs that helped contribute to the added (physical pain) and weight gain.

In fact AFTER WLS, I rarely stop to smell roses, I am too busy runniing around here and there...Doing dog rescue and helping others...  That is my "smell the roses" that and a weekly massage.

But yeah, this is nothing new, unless your someone who turned to food for comfort or stress.

Warmly,
J~

M M
on 1/29/12 8:03 am
 I think sometimes we need a little, no matter what our comforts are.

I would love a weekly massage. 
Most Active