great report from diabetes doctor

WoodsonArcher
on 2/6/12 11:44 am - TX
I was VERY insulin dependant before surgery. i havent used any insulin in 2 months. My A1C was a smidge high at 6.2, but that is due to the month before my surgery. over the past month, they calculated my A1c to be between 5 and 5.3. I am no longer taking ANY meds {just my multivitamin, calcium, iron and monthly B-12 injection}. My LDL and triglycerides were completly normal !!! I should have had a R&Y bypass 10 years ago !!!

Gina 21 Years Out
on 2/6/12 6:39 pm - Burleson, TX

THAT, my friend, is what I call SUCCESS!!

THOSE numbers are way more important than the numbers on that box on the floor!!!!

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

valjac50
on 2/6/12 7:13 pm - Lumberton, NJ
I am so happy for you! This inspires me to keep going, no matter how long it may take. I use a pump, so freedom from insulin, or even using less of it, would be a miracle. You are where I pray to be!
Pickett6
on 2/7/12 12:44 am
Ridding myself of diabetes was one of the major reasons I had the RNY, and I walked out of the hospital diabetes free.  I know, I know, once a diabetic always a diabetic.  I was never on insulin, but that decision was looming. My numbers are now in the 5.7 range and I considered myself "cured" as long as I keep to the program!!  Isn't it a wonderful feeling?  I'm so happy for you. 
Most Active