Hello everyone! Have my surgery date...any advice?

Lindie_Lou_Thats_Wh
o

on 2/16/12 1:26 am - Canada
Hi

Like all of you, I have read everything all the health care professionals have given me in preparation for the surgery....just wondering if there are any other words of wisdom I can follow.

Thanks!
cajungirl
on 2/17/12 3:14 am
Which surgery are you having?

My suggestions:

1)  Don't experiment early, optimize your window of opportunity.
2)  Follow the rules of your surgery.
3)  Communicate with those that can help.
4)  Be prepared for some emotions early out, most do.
5)  Bring chap stick to the hospital and a pillow for your ride home.
6)  Take pre-op pictures and measurements.
7)  Don't buy lots of protein powders, your taste would definitely change after surgery.
8)  Be prepared for stalls, they happen.
9)  Walk, sip, rest, and repeat.

Best wishes!

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

Lindie_Lou_Thats_Wh
o

on 2/19/12 9:02 am - Canada
HI!
Thanks for your reply.
My surgery will hopefully be the RNY altho they tell me it could be the sleeve....I guess I'll just have to wait and see.
Great advice and much appreciated.
AnneGG
on 2/17/12 5:17 am
My suggestion would be do begin practicing new behaviors and new habits now- eating mindfully, and regular exercise building gradually in duration and intensity.

WLS is not a magic wand- you have to work the tool it gives you for the rest of your life. It requires major lifestyle changes in order to be successful over the long haul, and it requires changes many of us have a hard time with.

I don't mean to scare you, but I do encourage you to be prepared. So begin practicing now, one day at a time.

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

Lindie_Lou_Thats_Wh
o

on 2/19/12 9:03 am - Canada
Thanks Anne :o)
Most Active