Really doesn't want to be a pest

Dorathea
on 2/16/12 10:35 pm - Lexington, KY
Revision on 03/28/12
Ok, so I am trying really hard not to be a super pushy patient, but now I am getting pressure from the powers that be at work.  They've discovered that I have been approved for surgery (probably my own fault on that one) and now they are pushing really hard so that they can get my time off in.  I appreciate that and the fact that they don't want to scramble at the last minute trying to fill holes in the schedule.  Do I call or do I wait patiently?  I have left one message letting them know I need to talk to them ASAP.  Ugh!  What to do what to do??

<-------Pharmacist  I can answer general questions, but for more serious questions always ask your surgeon.

AnneGG
on 2/16/12 11:18 pm
If I were you, I would call and explain the situation.

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

Dorathea
on 2/16/12 11:45 pm - Lexington, KY
Revision on 03/28/12
Ok, so I finally gave in and gave them a call.  The lady I need to speak with is out of the office.  So, I get to wait until Monday.  I left another voicemail explaining my situation.  ARGH!!!  @*&!*() !!!!!

<-------Pharmacist  I can answer general questions, but for more serious questions always ask your surgeon.

AnneGG
on 2/16/12 11:48 pm, edited 2/16/12 11:59 pm
I would get pushier and request to speak with someone today, given that it is a business day and they must have someone covering. And Monday is a holiday. But on the other hand, I suppose you could wait.

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

SueBee01
on 2/17/12 1:36 am - Orange Park, FL
Lap Band on 01/30/12
I go with pushy! You have surgery scheduled. If you have been with this business for awhile, they need to start jumping some hoops for you...
 Sue

Valerie G.
on 2/17/12 1:51 am, edited 2/17/12 1:52 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
You're not the only patient eager to get scheduled. so you can do some help on your own end by asking the powers that be how much notice would be optimal for them. When I finally got my date, it was 6 weeks out, so we had plenty of time to get our ducks in a row. Once you know how much lead time they want, you can then plan for that when its time to schedule your surgery. Just becausee they can get you in next week doesn't mean that you have to take that date. Tell them how much time you need, and start the negotiations. If their scheduling time is 6 weeks out like my surgeon was, then it will be a moot point. One call per week is completely appropriate to the surgeon to get them to schedule you, though.

I just saw that you found out the person is out until Monday, so let that be your guide.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active