Take a picture of what you're about to eat and it returns a calorie count and nutritional...

Terrib
on 2/23/12 10:51 am - Clayton, NC
While always searching for ways to help with keeping in line with daily food diarying....I came across this.  Worth a try in my book!  HUGS TO ALL

Meal Snap: Apple iOS App of the Day

by Phil Baker

Daily Burn's Meal Snap is an app for your Apple iPhone, iPad or iPod touch that seems almost too good to be true, particularly for those who count calories. You take a picture of what you're about to eat and it returns a calorie count and nutritional information.

Meal Snap is my choice for app of the day for iOS.

Meal Snap doesn't recognize everything. But in my tests -- I photographed a potato pancake, a glass of wine, an apple and a plate of spaghetti -- it returned reasonable calorie counts and good info in just a few seconds.

If you add a description, the results will come back even more quickly. It's $2.99 for this visual search app in iTunes, but worth every calorie -- I mean, penny.

The app, which just revved in December to Version 1.0.5, lets you share your meals on Twitter, Facebook and Foursquare, browse back to see what you've photographed and eaten before and counts your calories by meal, day and category.

Phil Baker | February 23, 2012 at 12:55 pm | Tags: App of the Day, Meal Snap for iOS, Phil Baker | Categories: App of the day, Apple, Phil Baker | URL: http://wp.me/p22mQ7-1ly

Unsubscribe or change your email settings at Manage Subscriptions.

Trouble clicking? Copy and paste this URL into your browser:
http://anewdomain.net/2012/02/23/mealsnap-apple-iphone-ipad- ipod-touch-meal-snap-app-of-the-day/

Terri
ObesityHelp Support Group Leader
www.wlsterrib.com

MsBatt
on 2/23/12 9:28 pm
I find it hard to believe this is very accurate. Recipes can vary SO much, without really affecting the apperance of the food.
Terrib
on 2/24/12 10:34 am - Clayton, NC
You have a valid point, every recipe does vary...point well taken.

Thanks for the "food for thought".

Terri
ObesityHelp Support Group Leader
www.wlsterrib.com

Most Active