just found the coolest protein supp 45 grams

bubba6969
on 2/24/12 10:16 pm, edited 2/26/12 5:38 pm - MN
RNY on 02/16/12
poet_kelly
on 2/24/12 10:31 pm - OH
Unfortunately, it's not really awesome because it's mostly collagen protein, which is an incomplete protein and not absorbed well at all.  You'll actually get very little protein from it.  There is a little bit of whey isolate in there, which you will absorb, but not enough of it to make those worth the money.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

bubba6969
on 2/25/12 1:17 am - MN
RNY on 02/16/12
Thank you I remembered that after the fact. Appreciate the help
Jacqueline D.
on 2/24/12 10:47 pm - MI
Hi :-)
I tried the New Whey pre-op when I was looking for a supplement for the immediate post-op period.  I couldn't tolerate the taste, even diluted.  I ended up chosing Isopure.  It's 40gms in 20oz.  I find the flavors much more tolerable.
Jacki

Gina 21 Years Out
on 2/24/12 10:48 pm - Burleson, TX

Sorry, BUBBA-hate to be a downer, but I'm with the very wise KELLY (as usual) on this one.

Better you can find out NOW, while you are so fresh post op.

Glad you are feeling so good, but please do get ENOUGH rest. Many folk**** a wall at about 3 weeks. The trauma of what surgery (could be any surgery-not just WLS) tends to catch up, and they get really tired/the scale sticks/they swear they have "failed their surgery"/etc..just warning you ahead of time..more often with women, but men are not always exempt

Continue searching out proteins. We all have our faves>mine changes every few months or so. Currently I drink Click-both Mocha and Vanilla Latte flavors, because I prefer my drinks to be warm, and Click warms well. I get mine auto-shipped, from amazon, for the best price I have found.

CONGRATS on taking charge of your life and your HEALTH!

Gina AKA Nurse Diva

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Marabell
on 2/24/12 11:18 pm
VSG on 06/07/12
msdebb04
on 2/25/12 12:04 am - AR
I have heard of long term problems when using knock-off supplements. My doctor specifically referred to walmart supplements and the problems he has seen. it is important to find product intended for "bariatric" needs. Good luck!
bubba6969
on 2/25/12 1:13 am - MN
RNY on 02/16/12
Thank you guys I have the good whey just saw them and tried one I was going to ask my dr on Monday as I have my ten day and kelly after reading the label I remembered that from pre op classes thank you for your support
Hayley73
on 2/25/12 2:21 am
VSG on 04/17/12 with
I'm still new and learning....so

How do you know if it's the "right" kind of protein??  Just clarifying...
thanks
Wake up every morning with the thought that something WONDERFUL is gonna happen!!! 
AnneGG
on 2/25/12 2:43 am
Look at the list of ingredients and look for as close to 100% whey protein isolate as you can find.

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

Most Active