Clothes off the rack....

NeverQuits
on 3/1/12 10:33 pm
 Hi everyone,
 One of my post-surgery goals was to get to a size where I could walk in a store, pick
 whatever I wanted in a non-plus-size item off the rack, and be able to wear it.....I achieved
 that goal a while back, but what is UBER cool is that the other nite I needed some cream
 slacks ASAP so I could change my jeans and attend an impromptu event without driving
 the 25 miles one-way to my home to get something there......so I walked into the local W,
 picked out 4 different pairs of size TEN slacks, and two pairs of size TWELVE, tried them
 on, both the TWELVE'S were baggy, and ALL THE TENS fit perfectly.....you know it's not
 just an "accident" in sizing when FOUR different pairs of four different styles fit perfectly...
 this made me realize I could actually say to the world, or at least my friends, family,
 and the OH community, who are the ones who care, that on this day, I AM A PERFECT
 SIZE TEN............just shocked by this, I have body dysmorphia from too many years
 of yo-yo sizing, can't really perceive my size correctly so I have to go by the numbers....
 and this number, TEN, shows that it is all real........thx everyone for support and caring!
 Susan    
AnneGG
on 3/1/12 10:37 pm
Oh, my, congratulations! It does feel wonderful, doesn't it?

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

MyLady Heidi
on 3/1/12 10:57 pm
Woo Hoo thats awesome!!!  Enjoy your success and clothes shopping, its a lot of fun.

On another note is that a compo baby doll in your avatar?  I collect composition baby dolls from years ago.  Just curious.
NeverQuits
on 3/2/12 12:20 am
 Hey there,
 Thx for your post and your support. The baby doll is the original THUMBELINA by Mattel, from 1965. There were also newborn Thumbelina's, and toddler Thumbelina's that were made in the '60's. I find mine shopping online.  I love the clothes, shoes, and boots!  Every day gives me an opportunity to wear something ELSE that is new, or newly fits......it's so precious......TGIF, Susan
 Susan    
martitalinda
on 3/2/12 12:55 am
 How AWESOME!!! ENJOY... ENJOY AND ENJOY ....it is sooooooooooo much fun!!!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

chelsea41808
on 3/2/12 7:53 am - OH
RNY on 05/14/12 with
 :)

Cejay
on 3/2/12 9:31 am
Congrats!  That is so exciting!
(deactivated member)
on 3/3/12 2:16 am - Boston, MA
 That's awesome Susan, so happy for you!
Most Active